Skip to content
in this discussion +1 following
lesley03582 lesley03582

Coming off Seroxat and anti-depressants entirely

Hi just though I'd post again.  I've been trying my coming off Seroxat for a few months now, but still find it very hard.  I have lots of coming off problems that seem on-going.  I am going to keep coming off though, but just for now I'm staying at 15mg a day, until my mind and body seem ok enough to me to reduce some more.

What I would say though to anyone trying is to get someone to help you locally who knows all about coming off seroxat, and indeed psychiatric medications in general.  I'm trying to get that from the local mental health services but don't know if I will be successful.

There's a petition online just now to get the government to have a debate about tapering help for people who are coming off these kinds of medications, so maybe you are interested in this debate etc?  I signed the petition via an organisation, but I expect it can be accessed on the petition pages of the Government website somehow.  Maybe typing in petitions uk gov might get you there in Google.  Really don't know!

Well I hope all of you are getting there.  I'm sure we can do this, if we just find a way that we can handle.  Sharing here is so valuable. Very best wishes to everyone.

0 Replies

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.