Coming to end of three months of Esmya......😮

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

Well I've been on Esmya for ten days off the three months. I'm going to docs next week as my consultant keeps cancelling my appointment so I'll run out of tablets before I see her. I'm guessing, from what I've read, that I'll have a two month break? The consultant letter to my doctor says about me being on it for three months but nothing else a having a scan. Again this hasn't been booked because I haven't yet seen her till 22nd January.

Esmya has been good as in its taken the fibroid off my bladder (a major issue) and I've had one light period and nothing in December. I've still got a big mass below my navel that I can visibly see when I lie down.

I'm very worried what my periods are going to be like in this two month break? Anyone can advise on this please?

I'm hoping to pay to go privately to see a consultant too just to get a second opinion. I live in England under NHS. I'm worried if things don't hurry up I'll be off the Esmya and symptoms will come back before any op then it's like what was the point? I was diagnosed with 8 cm fibroid plus others back in August 2017 with an ultrasound. What I can feel now is way bigger than that 😣.

Appreciate your comments!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I think it is a good idea to have a period after coming off Esyma before seeing the consultant so you tell how your period was. Also its you only need 1 months break between taken Esyma so she could put you back on them after seeing you.  Yes, they should do a ultrascan to see what going on and you should request one with the consultant.

I took Esyma 18 months ago.  The first 3 months of Eysma , my largest fibroid shrank  by a third after a scan and my consultant put me on Esyma again as she happy with how it was going and by the I time took the second 3 months of Esyma, my largest fibroid  had halved.  I was put on a 3rd course of Eysma as my consultant wanted to 'hold it' in place.  My consultant was very please with the results.  

My period are considerably lighter so it has done the job.  I know it is not successful for everyone but I also aware that it could grow back.  Because of this, I have a yearly appointment with my consultant.

I hope my comments helps and good luck with everything,

Take care!

• Posted

Hi Shed35

That's really interesting. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Would you mind me asking how old you are? I'm 46 and my mum was about 52 when she started the menopause so I've got potentially a few years to go with this.

When's your next appointment with the consultant?

Good luck with it all too!

• Posted

Hi

I am 46 but was 44 when I started the treatment.  My consultant chose the least invasive treatment and it was relief that it worked.   There are other treatments out there and its something you should discuss with your consultant.

They always say that the fibroid stop growing and stops being a problem once menopause starts but I have met many ladies at the hospital where this has not been the case.  Its weird!!

My yearly appointment will be  in April and hopefully it will just be a check up.

Take care!

• Posted

Hi I was on Esmya and it stopped my period I then had to come off this as I had a UFE my fibroid was 8 cm inside my womb when off the Esmya I took a bleed but took transemic acid to help with the bleeding as I was really heavy I had my UFE in September and have a bleed but it’s now manageable I am 46 too I think best to stay on Esmya if you can as it helps the bleeding my doctor says you can take it for the year but you need to have breaks in between 
  • Posted

How did you ladies handle the extreme weight gain. I have been on Esmya for 2 months and gained 10kg (22 pounds) just within 2 weeks of starting. Thinking of stopping it.
    • Posted

Hi

I did not gain any weight when I took Esyma and I took 3 courses, just pounding headaches at the beginning  which subsided.

I suggest you talk to your doctor before stopping.

• Posted

Thank you Ladies

I didn't think the weight gain was down to Esmya! One thing that I have noticed is a low mood have to really struggle to stay cheery.....oh and the acne 😣!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.