comparing symptoms

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have anxiety, for the past week my chest is very heavy, strange tight feeling around neck, stiff jaw, stomach spasmns with trapped wind, very dizzy , light headed.loss of concentration with excessive sweating.I, m frightened.only had heart monitored a few months ago so don, t want to rush to docs feeling a fool. been nauseous but still eating ok but soon feel full.Oh and feel very unreal, dreamlike , life in bubble.weakness.am I goong crazy or does anyone outhere relate to ALL theses symptoms.thanks

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Yup all just good old anxiety im afraid, it can and does do all this and much more unfortunatly
  • Posted

Frightening though it might be these are all common anxiety symptoms. The more you dwell upon them, the more firmly entrenched they become.

. If you trawl through the forum you will find numerous similiar posts with responses and self-help methods that Forum members implement to help them cope

Try a common sense approach. If all these symptoms indicated a serious illness you would not be functioning at all.

Learn as much as you can about Anxiety Disorder because knowledge is power. You are not going crazy but you will drive yourself into heightening the symptoms by imagining worst case scenarios

You'll be okay smile The Forum members will support you through this difficult time

Be positive!

• Posted

Thanks Helen, I, m very very grateful for your support, sometimes I think I, m the only one with the weird syptoms.it helps when I know I, m not alone
    • Posted

I know it's hard not to be scared. But no, you are not alone. I used to tell myself if all my symptoms were the result of a serious illness I'd have been dead months agosmile

Try not to focus on the symptoms ( not easy I know honey ) don't listen and watch your body to see what it's doing. If you have a symptom just accept it's anxiety, reassure yourself that nothing bad is going to happen to you because nothing is.

Keep your mind occupied with other things. Keep your body moving to burn off adrenalin. Keep hydrated, that's important and get plenty of rest. Anxiety rapidly depletes energy.

Hugs from helen

• Posted

Brenda, you know this is anxiety. All your tests were normal.

Did you have CBT or other therapy to help you with this?

• Posted

Thanks for replying, I have had CBT, many different meds, excersise groups .Just needed reasuring.
  • Posted

You just described my typical day Brenda. Mornings are always the worst for me and then by afternoon it's not as bad and by evening I can feel fine. Go to bed and repeat. Someday I'll get it through my head that it's anxiety and I hope it's soon.

• Posted

Mornings! Shudder!

I learned upon waking  not to ask myself how I felt because that sets the pattern of the day. Not to see the day ahead as something I had to get through, like an ominous task, not to fight to feel normal

If I felt like crap I'd tell myself, So be it, and carried on.

As soon as you wake get up, wash, make a morning drink. Look out of the window at the garden, at passers by, divert the mind from bodily sensations that are unpleasant.

And don't think ahead. I used to fear the day as a whole. I learned to live it sort of minute by minute, make plans to fill it with tasks that diverted my mind and body. In half hour chunks. You sort of forget by occupying yourself.

• Posted

Thanks for making me feel more understanding and I, m not on my own, just having a bad day.
    • Posted

Beautifully said Helen! You want to create your day not destroy it.  Attach no outcome otherwise your just living in the past experiences really. Once a person starts prophesizing how things will play out, and with anxiety its always going to be bad, then bad you get. The mind and body has a wonderful way of validating our thoughts. Easier said then done at times but you said it perfectly.
    • Posted

Aw thank you, Lisa!

Create the day? Wonderful expression. I shall use and implement that each day upon waking. Create, love it because it has the resonance of achievement, a goal set, a purpose

That will be my mantra!!!

Hugs dear friend, many hugs

xxxxx

• Posted

Hello Brenda

To be honest why do you need to compare notes, there are plenty of replies on this site that explain their feelings and concerns. I do not know how old you are although I do understand your GP has scripted tests on your heart etc

You are understanding your condition very well and you can see how you react to your symptoms yourself. If you are feeling there is something wrong with yourself talk to your GP. All I can really say, I am sorry I wish I could help you feel ok.

Try and not look at life in a bubble, the same with your health concerns. Yes we can give you support and send you on your way. You need to consider the reasons for your sensitivities and work your way through them together with your GP and possible CPN

Talk to your GP and ask for a course of CBT, they will explain coping exersises to help you through your concerns. I myself are like you and I at this time is getting my ear bent for the same reasons

You know where we are if needed, try and be rational in your outlook and health

Keep a hold

BOB

• Posted

Thankyou for replying, I compare symtoms because when your feeling so desperate what the docs have already told me goes out of the window, and perhaps I just want reasuring.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.