Complete loss of energy, please advise

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone was hoping someone could advise, I’ve been very active all my life and just don’t understand what’s caused this complete loss of energy.ll After exercise I’ve been left with really weak muscles, it feels like it has no strength, especially my legs can’t seem to support my weight, I have lightheadness that lasts all day. So with the weakness it pretty hard to do anything, I’ve been to the doctors and all the bloods and checks have been done everything is clear. I just don’t understand what I can do to get rid of the lightheadness and weakness. It’s really got me down because I just can’t seem to do anything without feeling like I’m going to collapse sad

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hello. I too have the exact same symptoms. The lightheadedness doesn’t ever go away. Even when lying in bed it’s still there. It was like a light switch from one day to the next. I was living my life independently. I have been to many doctors and Er visits and can’t seem to get answers. I recently joined a group on FB and I am learning that even though doctors say our labs are normal, we need to get the numbers and compare with the actual normal ranges. For instance I was told my vitamin d was okay back in October and now looking at the numbers, I was actually boarder line then which means I’m probably low now. Same thing with magnesium and vitamin a, and b12. My b12 was 673 which is considered normal but a friend said some people have symptoms of it’s under 800!! 😮 Now I know that more than one vitamin deficiency can cause a LOAD of difficult symptoms. I also feel like my body needs iron and was under the impression that i was checked for iron because my hemoglobin was normal. I was wrong. My doctor should have done a FULL IRON PANEL. 😮 I just learned this week that low ferritin can cause my symptoms too. If low enough I could need an infusion. I will find out this week. Get all of your labs and compare numbers. Be your own doctor. Remember, even if the doctor says it’s normal, DOUBLE CHECK the range. 

• Posted

like your style there jokes some of them my dr told me hes 74 and feels tired i really had to stop myself from saying well that's you not me and  what the hell are you doing  trying to practice medicine at your age dar! we have penicillin now lol

• Posted

Forgot to mention the group I joined is anemia-iron deficiency. Join!! Remember even if you are not anemic, you could be iron deficient. Have a full iron panel done on you. I am just like you and feel I can’t do anything at all without collapsing but stay out of bed before you end up with POTS. that will be another problem. We will get through this. 
    • Posted

Thank you so much for your reply, I've had all the blood works checked and the my iron and ferritin are normal I just take them once a week, the thing is I'm not tired I'm just really weak, I think it's my muscles that are having a hard time regaining strength, especially my legs there can't seem to regain strength, and the lightheadness is fustrating don't seem to go awaysad 

• Posted

What about mono, or Lyme disease? Apparently I had mono at some point and didn’t even know it. sad  Or any form of autoimmune diseases? Maybe low magnesium? Do you feel lightheaded no matter what you are doing like lying down/sitting/walking or is it just standing? There is also POTS but not sure if you have issues with your heart rate or BP. I found out today my lightheadedness could be contributed from my ferritin being at 9. I’m hoping treatment will take it away soon. Hope you find the reason soon. 
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply, yes they have tested for everything, the lightheadness is there no matter whether I’m sitting or standing or walking around. Hate rate and blood pressure checked several times all normal and my ferritin is normal too. Thankyou for your advice, hope you get better soon smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.