Computer Vision Syndrome - Please Help!

Posted , 4 users are following.

I was diagnosed with Computer Vision Syndrome by a doctor 2 years ago. He prescribed me Computer Vision glasses with Anti Glare coating to help with my sore, red & watery eyes. I started wearing those glasses regularly for the next 2 years.

This has helped me tremendously. My glasses have scratches so I bought a new pair of glasses yesterday.

The new glasses have Plastic lens with Anti Glare Coating (the greenish reflection), the old glasses had Glass lens (with purple reflection). Anyways when I see through my new glasses, there is a slight Redish/Purplish hue. Whereas when I look through my old glasses, they have a Yellowish/Orangish hue

I think the new glasses make everything pop a little as if they have increased the contrast or something.

My question is, is Purplish/Redish hue when looking through the glasses is fine or does it have any sort of bad implications on eye health?

I work with Computers all day long. I look at computer screen at least 18 hours a day. 

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

it is normal to have the pruplish/reddish hue, and this will have already given some relief for your red eyes.
    • Posted

Thanks for the reply. Please note that I am not talking about the purplish tint/reflection that some glasses give when looking at their lens from an angle. I am talking about the reddish hue when you look through those glass lenses.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.