Concerned of what it could be

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi,

i had drunk and rough sex on the 23rd december with my partner that i have been with for a couple of months. it was unprotected, stupid i know! i have vestibulodynia so when i have sex it is painful and i swell pretty badly even with lube. this time in the moment we didnt use anything at all so i didnt think much of it when i was in pain after, also shaved that afternoon before sex.

a couple days (27th) i was as experiencing really itchy vulva, still swollen, painful and excessive milky white thick discharge of which smelt yeasty. i went to the chemist and got 1 oral tablet of fluconazole.

as time has passed my discharge seems to keep changing, id say just still a lot of creamy discharge, can sometimes be yellowy when wiped, with a tinge of green? i have been using hytocrotizone cream and washing in hippiscrub as ive noticed i had a sores on the inside, which i cant work out if its from friction or whether ive contracted genital herpes?!

i have also a swollen labia minora which throbs what is causing me the most discomfort! it feels similar to a trapped ingrowing hair!

i have gone to the doctors, they didnt do an internal but they have done swabs for everything and just having to wait which feels like forever.

what are peoples thoughts??? excuse the discharge.

imageimageimageimage

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

When did the open sores appear? When was your swab? Did they do any blood work? The waiting is hard. When should your results be in?

• Posted

i didnt look down there for a few days because im always in pain after sex i didnt think much of it. id say i looked on the 26th-27th as i noticer my discharge, and the pain wasnt easing. my swabs were done on the 3rd so im hoping it will all be back this week.

• Posted

yeah i did. they said it was a positive result of herpes. beside myself. i dont know what to do. this is my first sexual partner since my ex of 7 years, before that i wasnt particulary safe with protection. i just want to know whether its a possibilty i have a had it for years and it has stayed dormant, as my ex has never had any signs of it and that it was the my new partner as it is very coincidental that pretty much straight after sex i had symptoms of thrush and then noticed my red sores?

• Posted

so sorry. does your new partner know? im thinking it most definitely came from him and maybe he didnt know he had it?

• Posted

thats what im thinking. ive had to call things off and say that im not in the right head space because im now trying to deal with this and scared to say anything. i dont want to assume it is him if it was me all along, do you get what i mean? im going to go to our wish clinic to get more information and see whether there is any test or explain the situation to see whether they would know if it was more likely to be him. ? im just honestly gutted.

• Posted

there is no test to know from who or how long. very possible it was from him given the time frame. did they tell type 1 or 2?

• Posted

no they didnt say. its something i will ask when i go. would the swab test say whether its type 1 or 2? i thought only a IGG or IGM would show that? ..xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.