Condom slip & plan b after ovulation

Posted , 2 users are following.

I had protected sex with a man and when he went to pull out, the condom came off his penis. I felt some cum run down my butt and onto the bed (I was on my back). He told me it came off and that the opening of the condom was "well outside my vagina" when some of his cum came out. I got up, went to the bathroom and cleaned myself off but I'm concerned his cum was very close to my vaginal opening possibly resting right at my vaginal opening.

I took Plan B 12 hours later, but after doing a bunch of reading I'm not sure it will be affective considering I'm past ovulation and the pill only stops ovulation. I wish I had known this before taking the pill as I could avoid some side effects (although it's only 8 hours post pill ingestion and all I have are some period cramps.)

I'm on day 17 of my 28 day cycle so my period is supposed to come in 10 to 11 days.

Can anyone weigh in on how likely it is for me to be pregnant or how likely it is that the pill will not work post ovulation. My anxiety is crazy high.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Taking Plan B, as you have read, is fairly ineffective after ovulation but unless you truly know when you ovulated, it is hard to say as everyone is different and cycles are not all the same.

Though, going by your story and that the condom came off as he was pulling out, I think it is safe to assume that no sperm has travelled.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.