Confidence ....

Posted , 7 users are following.

I just switched off mentally for about 2 minutes and had a glimpse of my old self ... relaxed content confident . 

I think part of the worry depression anxiety is not having control of our body ... remember when you first learned to ride a bike ... for a few minutes you’re so scared. Well I’ve come to the conclusion that we’re going through this ‘feeling ‘ 24/7 so it’s no wonder we are a mess. We are not piloting our own bodies anymore ! Relying on drs who rush us through our appt belittle us ...

It’s like they are now in control of us and we are reliant upon them to make us feel better. I think  it’s a big SHOCK and our egos are like ‘what the hell’ ‘this can’t happen to ME !’ I never went to the dr much as am healthy but now I feel like a broken bird  walking in there at their complete mercy to make me better. 

6 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

You’ve hit the nail on the head Lori! About 12 years ago I left a career in television production because I wanted a more family friendly job. I stayed in the same company, but it an administrative role. I had it in mind that I’d go back when my daughter started college. I would be welcomed back to my old position, but the last 3-4 years have totally zapped my focus and confidence. The stress of that job - that I once thrived on - would finish me now. I agree, it’s partly due to feeling out of control in our bodies. Everyday something new to deal with. The anxiety alone would make a job change difficult. So instead I’ll use the time for self care - getting enough sleep and exercising. Maybe getting to a regular yoga classes. Maybe we shouldn’t think in terms of better and worse. Things are just different now. 
  • Posted

Hi lori, u nailed it I could've written this I went from seeing my doctor once a year to seen him at least once a month to renew my prescption, hate taking medication

• Posted

Ah Lori... I know what it's like and it's like a never ending loop of symptoms that never seem to go away... But it does with time. I'm noticing changes for the better.. But I do get set backs but they are lesser.. The GP is at a loss as many do not know that much about menapause. I'm

grateful to have this forum tshate and support other women going through this nightmare bui know their is light at the end of the tunnel for us all so dont despair... CK

• Posted

Yeah I rarely went to docs and know it makes ne sooo anxious every time I have to go cause they so unsympathetic and patronizing and I feel rushed and tbh dr google is much more knowledgable but I have to keep going for sick notes which apparently according to the nurse I saw last week a female doc there don't like giving you sick notes for this kind of thing as feel it makes the situation worse so prefer you in work. if you have a boss like I do male, unsympathetic and just plain vile then hey yeah that's gonna make me feel so much better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.