Confirmed 2 fibroids. Getting worried. 38 and no kids yet

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi 

I have had abnormal bleeding all through 2017 with only 2 breaks throughout this time. I had just had the implant contraceptive put into my arm Dec 2016 so thought it was because of this. 

November 2017 it was concluded I have 2 subserosal flbroids - one 6.9cm and one 2cm. I have a gyno appointment to discuss options in 2 weeks but am now in constant panic. 

I am so bloated and uncomfortable. And I am very scared of having problems with having kids. 

I have to wear my baggiest clothes for comfort. I am emotional and irate. 

Anyone with any similar stories,symptoms etc? How did yours go and did you have a myomectomy?

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

ive had abnormal bleeding for 1 week before my period, not diagnosed yet but app tomorrow. I feel like its fibroids but I don't know yet

• Posted

The doctor said to start birth control pills instead of the patch I’ve been on and to get a pelvic ultrasound . But didn’t say what she thinks it is. 
    • Posted

Have you had the ultrasound? 

Saw your discussion; when I had a TV ultrasound I had to have an empty bladder! It was an internal one. 

• Posted

Hello,

Last year I had 5 fibroids removed via open myomectomy. I suffered abnormal bleeding for months and months before I was diagnosed and became anemic. Due to my age it took them ages before they even considered fibroids. 

I too haven’t had children. But I became so unwell, I ended up losing too much weight. I just kept thinking to myself that if I don’t have them removed then i will never get better or return to my normal life. My consultants haven’t ever said it’s unlikely I will be able to have children in the future.

My operation was very successful. I made a quick recovery and was back to work within 8 weeks. 

• Posted

Thank you Ki. I am the opposite - gaining weight and look pregnant, it is a bit embarrassing. Wearing all my loosest clothing now. 

Think I need to hold fast for the gyno. 

Were you getting any pains? 

• Posted

If I were you I would remove the implant from my arm. Stay away from all processed foods, no caffeine, no chocolate, no dairy, no seafood.  Ony eat organic chicken and fish sparingly.  I had fibroids and one of them was 10cm,  I had 4 in total now I have none.  I shrunk them all.  but I had to make a lifestyle change.   I talk a little about it on my blog.

http://www.mamanurseknowsbest.com/top-20-ways-sugar-kills-slowly/

• Posted

Hi Kate,

I know exactly how you feel, I have a large 15cm fibroid which has literally run my life for the last 8 months. I am always bloated after a small meal, and so uncomfortable. I am normally a size 10  and I am now having to wear maternity clothing, and baggy things just to be comfortable which makes me feel like crap and so down. I cant wear nothing pretty because it'll have my bump on show and because its not a baby bump, I feel so ashamed for anyone being able to see it. Im only 26 so I should be going out and living life, but instead I would much rather be in comfortable baggy pjs and stay at home away from people who haven't a clue whats going on.

I have my myomectomy in February and it cant come soon enough!!

You aren't alone, and im so glad I found this forum because I don't know if I could get through it without everyone elses stories and knowing im not alone!

Hope you get it all sorted smile

• Posted

Thank you so much Jazmin. That is exactly what I am doing and feeling. So surprised that women as young as you are getting these; thought they were 35 yrs+. 

Best wishes for February. Wishing you a speedy recovery! 

• Posted

I didn’t have any pains, I only felt slight pulling if I overstretched my stomach. My biggest problem was the heavy bleeding. I too was 26 when I had my open myomectomy and it does completely change your life... I now feel normal again 🙂

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.