confirmed anterior repair failed :(

Posted , 10 users are following.

after having my anterior repair in february and having the dreaded bluge back in june it was confirmed yesterday that my repair has failed and it is not the rectoele that was not repaired that had got bigger like my doctor thought,,, my wee girl was 8 months old when i had my repair and i had 8 weeks of not being able to look after her properly, being careful not to do lifting etc,,,all for nothing sad im gutted , the lady i saw yesterday has advised me to try and wait till my daughter is a bit older before going for another repair (she is 18 mths) have to go back again in 3/4 months ,just cant believe i went through all that to still have a the same prolapse return

1 like, 40 replies

40 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

I,m so sorry to hear what has happened for you. Try and stay positive which is very hard.   It is very easy to get caught up in being down about it and it can become consuming. 

Life can throw curve balls at us sometimes so try and focus on the joys like one little girl. In Sept I had my ops then had a heart attack that night. Im 55 and my husband and I are raising our granddaughter since she was a baby and is now 6. Try to get your head around you are ok and this is just one of lifes curve balls but you I assume are otherwise happy and healthy. Love to you xxx  

• Posted

Thanks ladies , this has got to be the worst few months I think I have ever had , just last month my eldest son and his fiancée lost their wee girl at 21 weeks pregnant , this is the 3rd time this has happened to them at this stage of pregnancy , then 2 weeks later another son n his fiancée went for their 12 week scan to be told their baby stopped growing at 6 weeks , and now this , I think I might need go speak to someone tbh as I'm very depressed right now x

• Posted

Go and talk to your GP Helen. Let us know how you get on. Best wishes. Xx
    • Posted

Oh wow no wonder you are feeling low, thats so hard and sad to hear my thoughts go out to you and your family. The best thing you are doing is writing about it and sharing. It helps to write stuff down Helen I had to when things went horribly wrong. But best of all Matron has reassured you so you wont need to worry that you are stuck with these horrible annoying prolapses forever xxx
  • Posted

Oh Helen, I am so sorry. It is a personal agony for you, but please use it to get strong. There will be brighter days ahead, get as much info about managing your prolpase as you can, read up all you can. 

If you have more surgery make sure you get a referral to a Physiotherapist, you need to change some things about how your body works (posture, weight, pelvic floor exercises etc) or you risk it happening again. Strengthen up, improve your posture, no constipation (buy a toilet stool) all this will help, and more importantly it will help you feel more positive too.

Here to help and thinking of you.

S

• Posted

aww thank you , ive lived with a prolapse since i had my son 7 yrs ago, also been to see physio before and after surgery , not over weight try to eat as healthy as i can, been on stool softner since my operation , try not to lift anything heavy other than my 18 month old daughter(this cant be helped), having this operation is supposed to give us ladies some sort of normal life again not having to watch every single thing we do for the rest of it...i was told the repair may only last 3/4 yrs , it didnt even last 4.5 months xx
    • Posted

HI Helen, make the Physio your new best friend, they have lots of info and can really help. If your prolpase is due to something like like a Levator avulsion, this means the muscle has come off the bone, this is very difficult to treat as the muscle has lost its anchor. Ask about pessary use, do all you can. Like Matron and other women on here I am dreadfully sorry that you have had this setback, but keep pushing on, you will find a way and be stronger mentally and physically.

S

• Posted

thank you smile i believe my prolapse has been caused by giving birth to 4 big babies , first one being foreceps delivery.. my 5th baby was born by c section as i didnt want to have a natural birth due to prolapse , have tried the cube pessary and the ring and both were no use for me , i have been told i no longer need to see the physio as i am doing all me excersises correctly , have just bought a machine to help with pelvic floor excersises so will give that a try , was thinking about asking if the inflatable pessary would be any use but not sure xx

• Posted

I'm afraid birth trauma will have played a significant role in this, and forceps, well the wrenching is not ideal. If a pessary doesn't work its usually because it isnt fitted well, I know more clinics are being trained in pessary use, so see if there is anything else in the pessary line that might help, we hear good things about the inflatable ones. EVB support shorts are great too - they support an extra 71% - designed by a female engineer they really do work, not cheap, but they work so I am happy to champion them. Get your support where you can, and keep trying wont you. Let me know if I can help you I dont know the machine you have but I'm more than happy to help as much as I can with one of ours if you want to PM me. S

• Posted

thank you , the first pessary i tried was the cube , i was briefly shown on how to inset then send home , it had came down by time i was home , the 2nd was the ring, rather big and caused immense pressure as soon as fitted , that was taken out and another one 2 sizes smaller inserted, this fell out,  i felt i was then basially sent home as i had taken up enough of their time that day , although i dont know why they can expet to know if pessary is ok in a 5 minute appointment, i decided after this to go for the repair , on saturday i was fitted with a very small ring that fell out pretty much straight away , i was then basically told that a pessary just wasnt for me.... so now i m stuck with this awful bludge again.. it is a peniform plus i have xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.