Confused!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone can give me advise. I am following the slimming world programme and have lost 2 stone and am at a stand still now for months, so I was perscribed Orlistat as I need to loose 3 plus stone. Should I take these tablets along with my 3 main meals even when i'm having a healtly meal?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi im doing slimming world too but at home and I also take xenical three times a day even though the food is healthy I still think there are hidden fats so i suppose xenical will just help along the way plus keep you on track if you are tempted to be naughty and even tho im doing SW and xenical I dont eat my 15 syns a day but thats a personal choice I hope this helped a little best of luck x
  • Posted

Hello

I am the same as emily only having my syns a few times a week ive lost 2 1/2 stone it does work .....keep at it the results maybe slow but its worth but good luck x

• Posted

Thanks guys, I think I will take them as perscribed, as you say there could be hidden fats and I do use my syns. 
  • Posted

I've no idea what syns are, but if there is any fat at all in your meal you should take a tablet. The only time I would not take one is if for example I am just having a banana or a pear for breakfast because I'm in a hurry! The meal may be healthy but you should check the fat content very thoroughly - read the back of the packet or look it up online.
  • Posted

Hi, first of all congratulations for losing two stone. I had been using Orlistat for about 10 months, I had used it earlier last year too. In my opinion you will only find out if Orlistat is working if you've had a blow out. The bigger your blow out the more you will notice the oiley discharges. This, although quite gross is a measure of the amount of crap that has been shoved in your system. Its only filters out a third of the excess fat you absorb so don't think it has saved you from having a curry or a large bag of crisps. Stick to your balanced diet, introduce some light exercise if possible. Use your will power to force the excercise regime, rain & wind is not an excuse, get out there, walk briskly for 10 mins, then walk briskly home. Next, do the same again but add 5 mins outward time to your journey but keep the walk brisk. You'll soon be upto an hour & using 600 calories + and still only walking. I find walking very enjoyable even if its only to have a nosey. Try some music in your earphones, by the time you have finished singing away you will have covered quite a distance. I no longer take Orlistat and have just completed a 22 mile walk this weekend (not recommended) for me it wasn't the Orlistat that gave me the will to succeed, it was the monthly visit to the health nurse plus my determination. As you say, 2 stone gone,brilliant, don't stop eating healthy, keep energised, keep mobile & exercise. You will win!!! Finally, don't live like a Monk, have a blow out once a month (only once a month, max) Aaaaaannd, Good luck smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.