Confused..

Posted , 5 users are following.

So my first outbreak was 2 years ago , it started off in my vagina then to my anus , I had outbreaks nearly every few months but only around my backside ..can I still pass it onto my partner if we only have vaginal intercourse?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Of course there is a chance. 

But how did you deal with in last 2 years ?

• Posted

I've had no partners in the last 2 years ..I've just dealt with it

• Posted

I mean with him

How you deal in sex with him in last 2 years?

• Posted

The virus could shed even when there are no outbreaks. There’s always a chance of passing hsv onto someone else. Are you on suppressants  or anything? That and using a condom can lower the risk of transmission.
  • Posted

I have read that even though your outbreaks are on your backside that you still shed from your vaginal area. I also read that the skin on your behind is too thick for the virus to shed from when there are no lesions. I also have outbreaks on the cleft of my behind. I have had sex with and without condoms and I haven't passed it but I am also on suppressive meds.

• Posted

I would like to know what precautions you do to prevent passing herpes to others. 

Thank you

• Posted

I take acyclovir 400mg 2x per day and use condoms. I also avoid sex when having an outbreak which I haven't had one since January before I started the suppressive meds.

• Posted

I started using condoms more because I have read so much on the different sites and I wanted to do all that I can to protect my partner.
  • Posted

Yes you can pass it.  I got them around my anus and I’ve never ever done anything sexually around that area ever!  
    • Posted

I have not ever had anal sex either which is so confusing to me that I would get hsv 1st on the back of my thigh then on my buttock. Yes you can still pass it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.