Confused

Posted , 2 users are following.

There's days when I feel like I can't walk or I don't know how to use the stairs anymore, I don't understand what's happening. 

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

Sounds like major disorientation. What meds are you on? Have you changed meds lately or upped your dosage? How are you feeling now? Definitely need to get in touch with your GP or health professional to let them know what is going on. Also, if you feel unsafe, let a friend or family member know about your disorientation so they can help look out for you and keep you safe.

Take care and let us know that you are ok.

Hugs xx

• Posted

Hi,

i haven't started any medication yet I will be doing next week but I'm very nervous about it, not sure if I should tell anyone coz I don't want to worry them. 

Thanks

• Posted

I understand. Medication has always been a last resort for me and it has worked very well in the past to get me back into my normal routine. You need to weigh up the benefits that medication may give you with how you are feeling and coping now. Someone posted that if you had a broken leg you wouldn't ignore someone handing you a crutch or walking stick to help until you were strong enough to manage unaided. Have you been on ADs before? Yes,there may be side effects so you need to keep a watchful eye on your body and what it is telling you. The forums will give you a good idea of what side effects you can expect. Go back to your GP if you experience anything out of the ordinary. I persevered with Venlafaxine for 2 months but in the end had to stop them as the side effects were making me feel 10 times worse (and I was taking them for suicidal depression!) Are you keeping well hydrated and getting lots of fresh air? Is no one worried about you already? Have you managed to hide your symptoms so far? People are less likely to worry, and more likely to show real concern, if they know there is a reason for your mood or behaviour and to know that this isn't the "real" you at the moment,until you've got your mojo back. They can then cut you some slack and look out for you ;-)

Let me know how you get on. Big hug xx

• Posted

Thanks for the advice it's really helped, and I'm going to try and tell somebody about my depression.

Thanks 

• Posted

Great! You'll know in your heart who is the right person to confide in and also how much you can tell them. I remember my first counselling for suicidal depression.I told the counsellor how alone I felt but couldn't burden friends and family with how I felt. I'll always remember the counsellor telling me that I didn't need to spill everything if I thought it would be too much.I've never told any family member that I've been suicidal but I have opened up about how depressed and overwelmed I have been. Good luck. I think it will be a positive step for you.You could even write it down in the form of a letter if you found it too emotional or hard to share in spoken words. No pressure.Take it gently :-) xx
    • Posted

Thanks, it's like you've helped lift a load of my shoulders. 
    • Posted

U are doing all the hard work so YOU deserve the credit. Keep going and don't stop believing in yourself :-) x
    • Posted

Hi just wanted to say thanks and let you know that I feel a lot better after telling someone and knowing that I've done the right thing. Thanks for showing me the right way to go. 🙂
    • Posted

Well done for taking this big step. I still want to know how things go for you so keep in touch (PM me any time). xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.