Confused

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi Happy new year to you all.

where to begin..

8 years ago I lost my darling husband and was on antidepressants for 7 years as a result.... once I came of the tabs I started having joint pay so I investigated the menapause. My GP suggested blood test which the results came back within normal range. I had a scan because I had the odd heavy period which revealed a fibroid !!

The doc now says the fibroid will shrink when I go through the menapaus but my bloods suggest I'm not going through it!!!???

ive now just had bloods for my courtisone levels to see if my joint pain is raumatics.

ive spoken to a relative who has had the same symptoms as me which she now on HRT for and she doing great and looks fantastically well.

Dont know what to do next and I'm fed up with my lack of motivation, I'm normally a gymn person......took everything I'd got to go running last night 

thanks guys any advise would be welcome as I'm not depressed which I think the doc thinks I am 

debs 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Deb

i too had my bloods done, all came back normal, but the doctor told me these are really unreliable test, I told her a lot of my symptoms and she told me I was definitely peri. So really you just after go with the symptoms your having which would suggest you are xx

• Posted

Hi deb50

if you've got a knowledgeable GP GO FOR IT

HRT is the only answer with peri-men pause

and apparently the risk of cancer is neglible as recently researched (please don't think I'm saying it couldn't happen)

However, I believe that if you can get THE RIGHT HRT tablet it will change your life

GOOD LUCK DEB

please stay in touch as I want to know how you get on

Mrs Merm XXXwink

• Posted

Hi Deb, its very cool that your comment is here, the last few days my joint pain has been horrible and almost unbearable, its in my shoulders and arms its just terrible, swelling and I am finally going to the dr. to get tests in a week or so, I just cannot take it anymore.  I think its R.A but I am so terrified of everything who knows but I just cant take this anymore. Did you have burning in your wrists?  I read where the lack of estrogen is what brings a lot of this on/
  • Posted

Hi all, found this site about a year ago and thank goodness for it.  I can relate to everything that's been said, particularly joint pain and anxiety.  I have had joint pain in my wrists for years but in the past year it's got so much worse, mainly hands, wrists, feet and shoulders.  I panicked at the thought I may have RA, had all the tests and I'm negative. I then panicked that it was something worse but tests reveal nothing. I think panick comes from a lack of estrogen but is made much worse when advice is sought from 'experts' and they a clueless, it just sends the mind into overdrive. There is not enough expert advice out there on menopause and it is a sad state that we women are fighting for help and reassurance, generally doctors are not informed. I believe it's a case of discovering for oneself. The right mental attitude helps and meditation can help to get there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.