Confused abour Herpes blood and PCR results

Posted , 2 users are following.

I'm confused about my results please help if you have any information on what i'm going through..I've had sexual intercourse with one partner my whole life (I'm 24), my husband. I did a herpes test as I was having a little itching, abit of pain on my vagina. I had just recovered from my first yeast infection 2 weeks ago so I thought it came back. I went to a doctor and they told me that it could be herpes as there were some blisters there (which i could never identify by my eye and I still dont know what they look like. I had a PCR vaginal swab and blood test done. The blood test came out positive for HSV 1 and negative for HSV 2. The PCR test returned as undetected for both HSV 1 and HSV 2. Am I having HSV 1 genital herpes or could it be something else??

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to say but you sure seem to have herpes HSV1 based on the symptoms. From what I have read on here, they say if your blood test comes back positive it means its an older infection, so you may have already had it without knowing it. If you've only been with one person your whole life as you claim then its most likely you got it from your partner. HSV1 are usually found on the mouth but can be passed down if your partner gave you oral. He could be a potential carrier of this virus & should get tested too.

• Posted

Thank you lilyflower.

I get that I have HSV 1.

However due to the PCR vaginal swab coming back as not detected for both HSV 1 and HSV 2 on my blister, I'm wondering if I could just have HSV 1 and whatever little discomfort i'm having downstairs may be something else and it is not genital HSV 1?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.