confused about LPR/GERD!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have been diagnosed with gerd serve grwde 3 with upper xray. But all my symtpoms point to lpr. Anyways...

I sm wondering if anyone here has non acidic lpr and what are the symptoms you feel? 

I am currently taking an antiacid twice a day. No help. I burp a few moments after a meal... loud burps not normal eating burps. I am CCONSTANTLY trying to clear my throat I have so much mucus I feel I am choking on it. My lump in my throat seems to go away when i cough and loosen mucus up it comes back shortly after. And its always fine in a.m. I have a feeling of a lump in my throat and food gets caught going down. I am going to make another appontment with my doctor. Just looking for some advice. 

Also I took a hcl one day and since then the lump in throat has been WAYYY less frequent and and I only took it twice! Dors that mean I should take it? Bc it has been coming back since I hve been taking antacid.

I greatly appreciate any input u havesmile 

thanks

killacidreflux

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi my heart goes out to you as I have similar problems constant throat clearing but nothing comes up , lump in throat , clogged chest feeling and its on my mind every day. I've had jt for 12 months now and tried different things which don't seem to work so I'm off to the doctor again next week...all I can say is your not alone if you find anything that works for you let me know and same here likewise...ps I've done the pepsin test and tested positive for high levels :-( I worry a lot which doesn't help but its difficult not to when its with you daily best of luck 
  • Posted

Oh!  I know that in chemistry but it didn't make sense here so I thought it might be something else.  It if is regular LPR, HCl would make it worse so this doesn't make sense. I don't know about "low acid" and LPR.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.