Confused about menopause only have insomnia and anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I had my hysterectomy at 39 they removed my uterus and ovaries.  I went on hrt for two years then took myself off.  My mom does not believe I am going through menopause.  I am 45 years old and been having insomnia for months.  Also I do have mild depression and anxiety.  I went back to the doctor and told him I have not been on hormones since 2015.  He put me back on premarin and progesterone.  He says it will take about 6 weeks for the hormones to balance out.  I hope then maybe I should see an improvement in my sleep?  What do you think?  

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

This happened to me last year I’m 51 was waking up at 4.30 am just completely unable to sleep . I begged the dr for a sleep aid to get me back into a better pattern . He gave them to me and it all leveled out . Definitely think it’s hormones and adrenals . 
  • Posted

Hello smile

I'm a bit confused myself, I always thought that if you have had a full hysterectomy you are in menopause. I have primary ovarian failure diagnosed at 16 and that was pretty much the same. I still have the bits, but they don't function. I'm 43 now and it's only been 4 months since I started taking bhrt, and had I known the damage not taking them would have.... I would have started straight away! Before I started the bhrt I couldn't sleep, I was exhausted with crippling anxiety. It took about 6 weeks to see some improvements but 3 months is when you get to the optimum dose. I would go with it, then go back to your doctor for a test to check your levels and see how you go. Hope you do well, stay strong xx

• Posted

Well thanks for the update so 6 weeks for it to start working ? 

My dr is nice but gave me no info on what to expect on the patch ... how long etc. it takes to start working . I’m just trying to figure it out myself 4 weeks in  . Without  the help of the ladies here I wouldn’t know anything . I’ve felt relief from the panic dizziness and fatigue but still feel weird blue dark moods . Don’t feel ‘myself ‘ yet . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.