confused and stressed

Posted , 4 users are following.

i suffer from constant bloating followed by constipation and indigestion  . and i have done stool test and stool culture . after on doctor told me that i have ibs and prescrived me mebevrine .  it didnt worked well .  so i wanna know is there any possiblity of cancer 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

The same thing has crossed my mind, but I dont really think it is. I have done two stool tests and they come back normal. I've been prescribed Mebrivne and I have never taken it though (daft I know) maybe ask your GP for a colosncopy.

• Posted

I was diagnosed with IBS and was tried on Mebeverine which made me feel worse,  Mebeverine is a known irritant.  I tried Buscopan instead and felt much better.  Everyone has different symptoms with IBS and responds to treatment differently.  However, if you are worried, ask for a colonoscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.