Confused if I have Anxity! Convinced it's somthing serious..

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I've been experiencing all kinds of physical symptoms tingling in my right side.. Mainly my legs. Also I have had twitches and aches and pains.. Some like shock pains.

I've been to my GP and hes almost certain its Anxity.

He gave me some medication (duloxetine) to try.. I only had one..and had a bad reaction off them.. So ive been back and he gave me diazepam.. I took these and they didn't really do much I were still getting the physical tingling. I've been back to my GP since and I asked to refer me to a neurologist which he has done. I'm just waiting now... I feel like I'm going insane really really worried and stop thinking that theres somthing seriously wrong with me.. Constantly thinking the worst.... Is this anxiety??

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It soulds like health anxiety. I suffer with both (i think) lol i get really worried about anything. Eg i jave a chest infection but i automatically think its lung cancer. Iv got pains in all my muscles, dizzy all the time feel sick and generally not with it and ill. No matter what the docs tell me im adamant its not what they say cos i have no faith in them. When i read up online and on here some of my health issues seem they could be anxiety related. So because im anxious i get symptoms like shoulder and chest pain and tingling hands etc which then cause me to get health anxiety cos i worry about what it is which then makes me worse if that makes any sence?

Not sure if iv helped in anyway at all sorry but ur not alone xx

• Posted

Hi Clare

Aww it's awful..I know what your going through too... I really hope it is just Anxity I'm like you panicking all the time.. From the moment my eyes open the tingling is there.. I dread waking up.. Then most days I just sit here constantly thinking.. I feel like its never gonna leave me! Such a vicious circle:-(

Thanks for sharing your problem with me Clare x

• Posted

Im the same hun, ive been put on naproxyn 4 the pain but it doesnt help so that makes me worry more because its not touching the pain. I worry all day and i like u dread the morning, iv felt ill 4 so long now that i cant beleieve its anxiety, especially when the only thing i have to be anxious about is my health which could be caused by anxiety. I dont understand lol i hope u feel better soon hun xx
    • Posted

Thanks Clare..

If this is Anxity it's such a powerful illness.. I feel like its taking over my life! I'm actually going to see a psychologist this Friday.. I'm hoping this helps :-)

Clare I really do hope you start to feel better soon.. maybe you could try some therapy yourself.. Xx

• Posted

You too Lisa, ive been having Cbt therapy for 6 weeks. It hasn't helped at all so i need to look at what the next step is. I agree i cant believe that this is just anxiety xx
    • Posted

Aww no that's ashame.. The mind is such a powerful thing!

We just have to try and stay positive.. But it's easier said than done... :-(

Hugs to you Clare x

• Posted

Hi Lisa

I felt like I was alone which is why I joined this forum. I'm the same as Claire and think every little thing wrong with me is something serious! Driving me crazy and I just can't relax feel tense all the time! I hope you get some results to put your mind at rest.

X

• Posted

Hi Kim

It's awful.. that's how it makes you feel (alone) but it's good to share your feelings on here with many others what are actually going through this horrible illness..

So far I've thought I've had a Tumor... Cancer.. arthritis.. M.E.....M.S and so on..... And I'm still not fully convinced it's Anxity :-(..

Kim I really hope we all see light at the end of the tunnel... And I hope you start to feel better soon xx

• Posted

Thanks Lisa you too!

I always think I have cancer but put that down to losing my mum to cancer. Also always convinced something is wrong with my heart! 😳

But I am a worry pants and just worry about everything!

Xx

• Posted

Aww Kim so sorry about that.. But it's understandable I suppose.. 😔

I'm a natural worrier myself!

X

• Posted

Just a brief word Lisa, the medications that are given to combat anxiety disorders all take a while to work, and whilst our system is getting used to them there can be some really strange side-effects.

If you are given any more meds, please allow them at least 2 and up to 4 weeks to kick-in.

• Posted

Hi Archemedes

Yes I fully understand and was aware of that... But these duloxetine I were given.. Wasn't suitable for me I only had the one.. I had really bad side effects.. I was up all night sweating.. Didn't sleep most of the night.. When I woke up after very little sleep I had tremors.. My eyes and pupils were massive.. I couldn't function... And I felt a whole lot worse... I couldn't continue taking them because I've got 3 children to see to..

Thanks for your comment.. Much appreciated

• Posted

I am very sensitive to meds, and the only one that works for me is Xanax. It is instant, so no waiting. Hope you find one that works for you!
    • Posted

I understand Lisa, but that's all the more reason to seek professional advice with regards to getting onto a medication that does suit your phsyology.

Not every medication suits everyone.

• Posted

Thanks archemedes

My GP has now referred me to a neurologist.. (After I insisted)

He said there's nothing more he could do...

So I've just got to wait for the appointment I suppose.

Is there anything you could recommend to buy over the counter.. Or herbal for my to try please?

Many thanks.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.