Confused if I have Anxity! Convinced it's somthing serious..

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi

I've been experiencing all kinds of physical symptoms tingling in my right side.. Mainly my legs. Also I have had twitches and aches and pains.. Some like shock pains.

I've been to my GP and hes almost certain its Anxity.

He gave me some medication (duloxetine) to try.. I only had one..and had a bad reaction off them.. So ive been back and he gave me diazepam.. I took these and they didn't really do much I were still getting the physical tingling. I've been back to my GP since and I asked to refer me to a neurologist which he has done. I'm just waiting now... I feel like I'm going insane really really worried and stop thinking that theres somthing seriously wrong with me.. Constantly thinking the worst.... Is this anxiety??

1 like, 21 replies

21 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

exactly the same as me. i dont believe any of the doctors, its as if i believe i know more than them or something!! i know its os irrational, but i feel like ive got something really wrong with me but all my brain scans and heart scans are coming back fine. it is just anxiety, well not "just" anxiety, its the worst feeling in the world. but we need to try and just accept we have anxiety and nothing else,!! its hard sad( x
  • Posted

Hi Lisa,

If yours is a general worry then, it will not block your regimen or thinking ability but when it's become panic disorder, it is going to drastically affect your working.

Anxiety is related to your mental conditions. What I suggest is to find out the causes which makes you to worry .. Work on it to sort the issues.

Remember worrying is a normal human behaviour but as mentioned above, when it becomes a panic disorder then needed to be taken care of.

I also prefer to meet a psycologist, a neurologist can only read your physical health like your nerves, brain cells etc but a psycologist can help to find out the psycoligical reason that is causing ANXIETY.

• Posted

Hi marksteven

I've actually been to see someone this morning just to asess me.. I'm now waiting for an appointment to go for CBT therapy.. The guy who assesed me said it sounds like (HEALTH ANXITEY) so fingeres crossed this will help.. I'm pretty desperate at the moment and will try anything and everything!

The reason I asked to be referred to a neurologist is just piece of mind and to make sure there is nothing going on.. hopefully if there's nothing wrong then I can sort of try and move on a deal with this "ANXITEY" business!

Thank you for your comment marksteven..

Really appriciated.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.