Confused with the medical community once again!!!! Menopause hormone test anyone else

Posted , 4 users are following.

So ladies Iam almost 54 years old when I had my hormones tested for menopause at 50 they told me I was in menopause and I thought oh weird why do I still have my period every month and walked away and thought they are full of it...... right? so had them test again and once again came back menopause,,, all this time I new I was in peri nightmare,,, I told the doc how can this be I still have a short period 2 -3 days a month shes says she doesn't care I have fibroids and that is what is causing it,, Im like no way fibroids don't just decide to act up the days your supposed to have your cycle for 4 years,,, do these people even have a clue what is going on with us? with there so called hormone test??? ive had peri bad also,, like all of us flashes, migraine,dizzy,anxiety, pin pricks all over the body, migraines,blood in urine scare,heart palpatations so bad had to go to hospital the list goes on and on...why can't they just say everyone is different and treat the person? Needless to say I don't think she liked me much when I TOLD HER HER TEST WAS A BUNCH OF S---... Anyone else had this crazy test problem with there doctors or am I one of the unfortunate again!!! haha hugs to all you lovely ladies for all your support❤

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have all those same symptoms too , sadly they don't have any idea how to treat us or handle peri/menopause patients.. I think the medical field is way behind with this and need more education about it.. I don't get periods because of hysterectomy years ago but still do have my ovaries and every month .. Month after month I can feel myself ovulate and I get all the symptoms of pms and what would feel like a period coming just no period.. Its super frustrating because I have no idea where I would be in my meno journey can't follow it without periods,, all I know is I am suffering badly day after day month after month it all just keeps repeating.. So yeah I definitely get where your comunggl

• Posted

Sorry dont know why it posted before I was finished , but do know where your coming from .. And wanted to throw that out there hormone testing is all over the place up and down, but I always have luck with the menopause sticks you pee on 1 line nope 2 lines yep

• Posted

explain that gypsy,,, they draw your blood and tell you where you are... thats what I have been through is there another way i would like to know what to ask for from these professionals and my first test at 50 was threw a natural path MD so Im confused with all the results!!!❤

• Posted

also this must be very frustrating for you because I think your body still goes through the same thing because that is what it always new and they probably tell you u are crazy and that is what gets me upset,,, hugs to you !!!

• Posted

My last hormone testing showed full meno and I got a normal period a week later. I just don't think they are accurate as our levels are all over the place. Up or down depending on the day.

• Posted

yep suzanne, its so frustrating,, do they really know whats up??? NO do not think so right!!! That is why us women have to be more knowledgeable,, more then them they want to sometimes put us on hormones and its really not time,, HUGS that is why we need each other for knowledge❤

• Posted

Did you have a period for longer then just one month?? I having them the whole time they say I am in full menopause, u also??? just really tierd of the run around!!!

• Posted

I've had every combination of period: short, long, never ending, non existent. Had doctors in the beginning say I wasn't peri, even though I had all the symptoms. Then told I'm full meno but getting random periods. It's just whackadoodle science.

• Posted

one hormone test is actually useless . for them to get an actuary pictures then should done at least 2 to 3 times at the same point in your cycle over a few months. This gives more reliable data. a person has only gone though menopause if they have not had a period in 1 year.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.