Confusion

Posted , 4 users are following.

Does anyone have I guess gas pain or some uncomfortable feeling while being on your feet or even walking for about a hour or 2. As I'm standing I am passing some gas it helps a little but if I sit down a few minutes it feels alot better . But the pain goes from right to left but mainly to my right side. I went to doctor and described what I've been experiencing and they drew my blood and did blood work and they see no need for me to go get my colon checked due to my blood work was fine. Im still not sure if I even have IBS

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Gary

You need to be able to move around when standing, in the Military when a person stands guard they need to try and adjust their weight, if this is not possible the Soldier will put stress on the heel and can faint.

In ordinary conditions if you stand to long the muscles and joints become tired and you may get the feeling of the leg pushing into the hip joint and you will have discomfort. If you are unable to keep good posture you will begin to have problems with the spine and neck as the body is unbalanced.

You need to rest or move around and take the weight of one side then another.

IBS, could be caused by stress

BOB

• Posted

Do you get bowel habit change or food intolerance?  Has your doctor diagnosed IBS? I was diagnosed with IBS without a colonoscopy because I didn't have red flag symptoms.

• Posted

Hi Pippa, 

what do you mean red flag symptoms.

Myself after a sexual encounter i got many symptoms related to hiv, but until 10months i got negative for all STD's. currently i am facing problem with stomach pain, loose stool, numbfeeling in hands. Dr called it as IBS. i am in diet which makes me comfortable right now, but other problem persist.

• Posted

Red flag symptoms would be bleeding and unexplained weight loss or gain.  Your stomach symptoms sound like IBS.  I have stress related IBS and I get stomach pain and constipation with occasional loose stools and nausea.

I don't know what the numbness in your hands could be.  I get numbness, pain and tingling in my hands too which comes on with bad weather but I have had this at other times as well. It's more just mildly annoying than anything else.

• Posted

Hi Pippa,

Glad to see your response. Do you have deficiency in Vitamin D & B12 ?

• Posted

I am not a dr. to say this. But keep hearing from many people that B12 also does the same.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.