Constant anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Since the beginning of the week my anxiety has been through the roof and I'm so scared my body can't handle it and will just shut down.

This week I've had reflux and weird taste buds and I've struggled to eat at all and since Tuesday I haven't left my flat.

Has anyone gone through periods of anxiety as intense as this? Where the anxiety is at such a constant high level?

I'm not taking any medication but I've just stated CBT.

1 like, 6 replies

Report / Delete

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, sorry to hear your not to good, maybe tablets may help, I constantly have a feeling I have something stuck in my throat and keep coughing to clear my throat , then swallow all the time and end up with tence stomache which is uncomfortable , I'm on 100 sertraline
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Yeah its perfectly normal, it just shows how evil it truly is. Mines been pretty much constant for 2 months now. I hope you get better tho and how did the CBT go? Im starting counselling very soon too.
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

First of all, although it's easier said than done, you need to try and calm yourself down. What is it that creates your anxiety and how long has it been going on? Why are you not taking anything for the anxiety - you usually have to have been on medication for a while before you get referred for CBT.

As for the reflux - if this is a regular thing you need to get something for it such as Omeprazole on prescription from your GP. It needs to be taken at least 30 mins before breakfast so it settles your stomach and you don't have problems digesting or swallowing.

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

I've dealt with what you're talking about but for the last year straight and I'm on medication. The feeling of exhaustion and all that is a by product of severe anxiety and panic. But NEVER can anxiety or panic ever harm. You it can just leave you drained physically and emotionally and after I get an extreme panic attack I'll feel what I call jelly legs and that's from the extreme amount of adrenaline released and not being used up. I would possibly seek medicine. I've been through multiple SSRI's a d benzos and klonopin is my miracle drug. Nothing else since I was little ever seemed to work. But the behavioral stuff is a must in fully ridding your life of anxiety. Feel free to ask me anything regarding this. I have much experience unfortunately with exactly what you're going through for a long time (diagnosed in 3rd grade and currently 28). So a good long time haha.
    Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up