Constant Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have been suffering from constant anxiety for the past month. I'm currently changing meddication and this has been a nightmare. I'm constanting in a state of anxiety where I want to rawl out of my skin. I'm not motivated to to do the things I ave once enjoyed and my behavior is impeding my relationships. Just can't get settled. Please say that I'm not the only one suffering. Thanks!!

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

I had this for several months. I was put on Citalopram but the anxiety was always present. I quit sugar, wine, coffee etc. Anything that would cause stimulation. I was put on Celexa and that helped a bit.

I began an exercise routine as well and would go for walks when I felt the anxiety building. I have been to therapy and am practicing CBT.

I was taking 2 5mgs of Ativan a day. Yet still would have horrible warm rushes through body and other symptoms.

Last week my psychiatrist took me off Ativan after my BP went up to 166/108 while sitting in her office. I am now on Clonaxepam which is quite strong but each dose it lasts longer

• Posted

Thanks for your reply Diane. I'm done to one cup of coffee a day, don't drink sodas, don't drink, however,  the sugarless diet I haven't tried. My doctor prescribed me Klonipin for the systems for twice a day. Still feel the anxiety. I'm on my second doctor due to issues with the first. Hopefully this new approach will work for me. Thanks and take care.

• Posted

I have done a lot of reading and I think that exercise is fundamental to helping. Even if it is only walking it is important to burn off cortisol which helps feed anxiety
    • Posted

Yes. I have set  a goal for 10,000 steps a day. I have my fitbit ancompleted day two. Thanks!!
  • Posted

To finish my initial post.

Eachieve dose lasts longer and I have felt more normal than I have in months. I do get very tired though and hopefully will get used to that, of cut the dose.

• Posted

Evidently your current meds aren't working, so it's good your changing. I have changed several times for one reason or another. Soon you will be right as rain.

• Posted

I absolutely agree with no sugar. That is a major trigger for most people. I have even lost my sweet tooth. When I do want to use a sweet, like in cereal or tea, I use Stevia. The very best company to get that from is Wisdom Nature Brands. Many stores carry it now under the name Sweet Leaf. I have many flavors I use...vanilla, chocolate, berry, and there are many more. Just a couple of drops does it.

This is NOT an artificial sweetener. ( you don't want to go there, believe me.) From this company, it is 100% pure from the stevia leaf. It is very good for the body. I have been using it for years.

• Posted

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a try.
    • Posted

If you can't find this brand in the store, or if they don't have any of the flavored, pm me and I'll give you a phone number.  The owner of this company almost single handedly brought stevia to the market. He battled the FDA for years...The sugar industry did NOT want stevia on the market as a food product.  I had him on my radio show very often, trying to help him anyway I could. He also published books on all stevia does for the body...including diabetes. His name is Jim May.

• Posted

His sounds like it is from medicines. Maybe the ithdrawls of ine whilst have the adjustment of another. Is messing aound ith our chemical bakqnce until its all settled down.
    • Posted

Sorry this site had glitches and restarts so i didnt get to rview the horrid typos. This sounds like it from the medicines. Withdrals from one and adjustment to the other. Sadlt at the same time messing around with your chemical,levels. In time both will hopefully resolve.some doctors give xanax to help this situation.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.