Constant Cramps

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi  everyone.    I'm hoping someone can help me. 

I have been suffering with constant  cramping  pains low down 

in my stomach for 2 days now with no let up..  I've taken  windeze

and buscopan but neither  help at all.    It's sooo painful! 

To make matters worse I had my gallbladder taken out  a   week ago 

so I'm  trying to deal with post op pain too.     I'm not eating  as everything  causes pains.      I  would be grateful for any advice  on  easing  the  cramping  and  what to  eat.   Doctors  just keep sending me home with painkillers  that don't help   !     I'm starving but dare'nt eat.

Any advice  please. 

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

How old are you?

When was your last BM?  Are you passing wind?

Is your tummy distended?

Have you ever had this before?

Do you have any medical conditions?

• Posted

May I suggest you try liquid food like cream of chicken soup or broth, or something like Complan or a meal replacement drink.  They will give you the essential nutrients your body needs, but give your bowel a rest.  Or you could try and puree a little bit of well cooked food, like an adult baby food.  The medications are standard for wind and cramp and at least you have seen a doctor.
    • Posted

Hi felina,   I would love to be able to have liquid  foods but  I  can't 

as they set my pains off.     I have bladder pain  syndrome  which makes it very

hard  to  find  things  to eat.    I've been hospitalised  so many  times  with  this 

but they  don't  know  how  to  treat me.   They just keep sending me home with  being 

unable to eat  and  in the  same  pain  I went in with!   

I'm at the end of my tether  now.  

• Posted

HAVE THEY DONE a follow up ultrasound on your gallbladder area?  I’m thinking more than just DD. Go to the ER hopefully they will do an ultrasound or ctscan. Not to scare u but that’s my thought  
  • Posted

Hi Linda,  I had my gall bladder removed but I must say I had no problems after. Have you been diagnosed with IBS .. or diverticular? I have both which can flare up any time. Seeing you have had your gall bladder out only a week ago, maybe go see your Dr or call your hospital for advice? My  Dr gave me Colofac Tabs ( Mebeverine). You can buy these over the counter. I would first to to someone Hosp maybe . I hope this helps.
    • Posted

Hi Mars

I have both DD and  IBS  ,   I was ok until  I  was put on antibiotics for

an infection  in one of my gallbladder  wounds.   Couldn't eat but didn't have 

this terrible  cramping wind !      I've  been taking  mebeverine for  years,  it 

doesn't   seem to help me now..

• Posted

Did the doctors give you antibiotics?  It could be DD infection.  
    • Posted

Doctor came out to  see  me but because  my blood pressure, temperature  are ok

I've  just been left  to  get  on with it.   I'm still in awful  pain which I'm struggling 

to cope with    .  Don't know where to turn now .    I've been left like this  so many times.   I'm not coping  , my family  don't  understand  so  no support  there.,I just wish  I  could get some relief.    so tired of it all.

• Posted

Sorry to hear Linda im also not good either today im new to all this and was told after the camera i had d.d ive sort of coped no help from drs only help from all you lovely people. Ive been up and down with it 4good days then 3 bad, today is my worse, like you pain and feeling sick im really feed up too, no one to help, its all new to me told before it was ibs, just as bad, hope you get some help thank you
    • Posted

Hi Maureen , sorry to hear that you are suffering  too.

I think it's disgusting  how we are left to  cope  by the  medical  profession. 

I've never been given any  diet advice ,  just told  I'll  find out for myself. !

I hope  that you feel better soon x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.