Constant fear of heart issues

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I will do my best to sum this up as quickly as possible.

3 years ago i was arrested and it was undoubtedly the most stressful time of my life. On top of being arrested, i was also working full time and going to school full time so i had a tremendous amount on my plate. I used to smoke weed on a daily basis until i got in trouble and i stopped. I had a long break in my court date and decided to smoke after 4 months of quitting, after doing, my ears started to ring really badly, my heart started to race and it felt like it was pounding out of my chest, i guess this was my first anxiety attack as i started to freak out. The next day i decided to try it again, thinking "oh i just got to high last night". sure enough it happened again. After that i figured, ok my body just cant handle it anymore. well a week goes by and all of the sudden i got this intense chest pain, my heart started to race/pound, i felt like i couldnt breath. the next day i woke up and my chest was in so much pain, alot of aching and throbbing and sharp consistent pains all day non stop. I went to the doctor who did a chest Xray, an EKG and blood work and said everything was fine. A few more of these episodes and i came back, she performed all the same test and told me that i had an anxiety problem.

So over the next 3 years ive seen multiple doctors who performed multiple test such as an EKG, Chest Xray, tons of blood work and i was even sent to a cardiologist who performed and echocardio gram "that was about a year and half ago" and everything comes back fine. Now with that being said, through most of my life i have been healthy, was in good shape, worked out alot, did alot of cardio, didnt eat the greatest and i smoke. so basically until i was 21 i was very active. 3 years later when i started having anxiety i was 24, i was 260lbs, im 6.0ft by the way. i am now 26. so with that being said, i got put on Lexapro and have been on it for the last year and a half and its worked but if still had the symptoms of chest pain, shoulder pain, shortness of breath, abdominal pain on a daily basis, some days worse than others. well I went to my doctor a couple of weeks ago saying i think there is something really wrong with me and everyone else is missing something. he sends me to a cardiologist who has me wear an event monitor for a month. The results from that were: mild sinus bradycardi and mild sinus tachycardia, one pvc and two PACS over 30 days. the cardiologist said he is not concerned about the results and that everything is fine. my blood pressure is usually high when im in the doctors office like 145/85 but when i leave its like in the 120's.70's. I just feel like there is something really wrong and they are missing something or not taking it seriously because im only 26, but i have these pains every day and i cant get it through my head, even over the past couple of years that EVERYTHING is due to anxiety...

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

One PVC and two PACs in 30 days is incredibly healthy. Most people get a lot more than that in a day. My holter monitor recorded the same results in a day. You can have hundreds of ectopics in a day, without it necessarily being anything bad.

Bradycardia and tachycardia just mean at one point your heartbeat was slow and at one point it was high. My blood pressure is always higher when externally measured. The call it the white coat syndrome, where anxiety with doctors makes it higher than normal.

An echocardiogram largely checks for genetic defects. A positive result won't change going forward, so if the results were fine 18 months ago, they will be now too.

I have had all the above tests myself, and have come to the conclusion that the doctors were right, and that anxiety is the cause of my concerns.

If I were you I would accept that it is anxiety and try some relaxation exercises, avoid too much caffeine and try and figure out what your subconscious is trying to tell you.

A 26 year old with positive tests is a healthy person.

• Posted

It is anxiety. I went to the hospital for so many years and it was nothing. Anxiety does a number on your nervous system and it is fighting all day so you have all sorts of pains. You dont breathe right so it causes symptoms that mimic heart problems. Try to get your mind to realize you ate fine. Fight each negative thought with the the thought you ate healthy. Retrain your mind. I know this. I had it for too many years. HOPING you see you are fine.

• Posted

Im 32 and suffer the same.

I have inappropriate sinus tachycardia and have had a couple short bouts of SVT.

I get ectopics almost daily and worse when im anxious.

But its the chest, left arm, shoulder and jaw pain that i get along with being breathless on minimal exursion that worries me.

No one wants to address this seems im only 32. Id be happy to just pay for an angiogram and get it over with to see if my plumbing is becoming blocked.

My aunt had a major HA in her early 40s

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.