Constant Health Anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi. I am a 13 year old girl (too young to be worrying about things like this) & I am a hypochondriac. I worry about my health (specifically my heart) way to much. A few weeks ago I had a pressure over my heart. It went away eventually but it led for me having anxiety. I went to the doctors and they did a blood test and an EKG. Both came back normal. I fear i have Arrhythmia. I have an obsession with checking my pulse every 5 minutes. Symptoms I have are lightheadedness, shortness of breath, feeling out of touch with myself, feeling like I may faint. I have never had anything wrong with my heart in the past but my anxiety keeps making me think something is horribly wrong. My pulse goes from very strong to very light, almost as if you cant feel it. I am afraid I have an irregular heartbeat but I know if I did, the EKG would have proved that. I feel as if since my appointment was weeks ago, something may have developed over the time until now. If any body can hep with this please reply or message me.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Your symptoms sound like health anxiety symptoms and nothing to do with your heart. I have the same symptoms and when I start to worry about something the symptoms are stronger. You are young and if there was an issue the EKG would have caught it. One thing that helps me is I read about symptoms of health anxiety. You will see every symptom you listed. Normally I would say don't Google anything but for some reason it helps me realize my symptoms are anxiety symptoms, not symptoms of an illness. I hope it helps!

• Posted

This! Googling anxiety symptoms is the best thing to do if you choose to google anything, it makes me feel better when I realize it's just anxiety.

• Posted

Yes! That's the best advice we can give.....right? Sometimes I think "really? My symptoms are anxiety?". It's crazy to think anxiety causes so many issues but it truly does!

• Posted

I go through the same symptoms for years. More eggs then I can count.stress test ct. scans. Everything normal. It is rough...but it is anxiety..good luck
  • Posted

At your age, one EKG is enough to show there's nothing at all wrong with your heart.

Stop taking your pulse unless you're a nurse and qualified to interpret it. (I am.)

You have severe health anxiety, honey. Have you told your doctor? You should.

• Posted

I am going through the same thing. I've had multiple test done & all of them came back normal. I've let this control my life & I'm only 24. Don't let it control yours. It's only anxiety.

• Posted

Take care of your mental health. At the same time don't ignore your physical fitness. Health is wealth and a sound mind in a healthy body is a must for every one on this earth. Know it for certain. Don't ignore it. Always maintain perfect mental health conditions.

• Posted

Have your parents discussed getting you theraoy to help you get through all this anxiety? Maybe teach you some calming skills to use or just some talk therapy to help you out? It can be very useful and you are young so to learn whats going on now and how to manage it would be such a bonus.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.