constant hunger

Posted , 3 users are following.

Ive been on 10mg for about 5 weeks now, in the last few days ive been starving even tho ive just ate i just feel like my stomach is empty? no matter what i eat im not full its starting to annoy me is this normal

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Megan it does sound good in a way as I'm on 3 weeks of 10mg of Citalopram and my appetite is ok but I'm wanting to get back to full appetite as that's a good sign in one way but not in another way as some people say they put on weight due to feeling better so catch 22!!

• Posted

Hi debbie i know at the start i had no appetite at all, now i cant stop eating but i just feel starving even tho ive ate a lot its the stangest thing, ive heard that too u cant win lol
  • Posted

Yes, I went through the same stuff. I lost 15lbs when I first started 10mg and it's been 9 weeks now I'm always hungry even after I eat. My stomach is always growling, I just try to eat smaller meals but like 6 times a day and it helps.

• Posted

I'm the same I had no appetite at the start then it turned to this do u think it's something that will go away? My doctor wants me to start on 20mg so I'm afraid it will get worse

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.