constant itching

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ladies Ive just been diagnosed with the menapause but looking back this past twelve months I feel ive had it longer. im on the mirena coil still so I have had no periods for years. every now and again i get a terrible itching on my body and arms this lasts for days then goes.I had been taking anti histimines thinking i was allergic to something but couldnt fathom out what. its mainly on my back and arms does anyone else get this please

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

My sister is going though menapause and on the coil she's also had the itching sometimes really bad and all over her body doctor said down to menapause and body temperature not sure if she had Meds from doctor
  • Posted

I am also menopausal,and experience itching.on my arm back and legs,I take antihistamines,they do ease the itching a bit.i have also had prickly heat,the doctor said it could all be down to your body temperature,during menopause.
    • Posted

thank you lesthats exactly where i get mine and i do take anti histamines when it gets to bad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.