Constant Noises/grumbling and wind in upper abb/stomach

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all

I wonder if anyone can help. Over the last 3 months or more i have developed a contstant grumbling and wind movement which i feel going on in my upper abdomen/stomach itself.

The noises are not very load but loud enough for you can hear them. What gets to me is the wind feelings and movement its like having a gremlin in my stomach with wind moveing around all the time. I notice it most after my main meal in the evening when i sitting relaxed its on none stop from the time ive swallowed my food  till bedtime. It goes on through the night as when i wake for the toilet its still there. It seems to settle by morning but the whole process starts again. It probably happens in the day but because im on the go you dont notice it so much.

It is really getting me down as its so chronic. I have tried pepermint tablets, charcoal tablets etc..

My doctor seems to think its senstive upper bowel but i have no medication as he thought it may have been the antacids i was on. Ive been off them now for 4 weeks and the problem is still there if not worse.

I was on a strong course of ant acids and gaviscon for 3 months due to LPR (airway reflux) but i have finished this now.

Should i try colefac its driving me mad and im getting very depressed about it.

Thanks Pete

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

pete,

Very sorry to hear your problems, it is very annoying when you don't seem to be able to solve the condition. This same problem happened to me last year soon after they put me on Laxido Orange which is a strong laxitive if you are told to take 6 sachets per day.

To stop the gurgling noises I stopped the laxative and went on a low gas diet like this.

Oats, brown rice, potatoes, yogart.

lean beef, fish,chicken.

kale, spinach, green beans, tomatoes, lettuce.

bannanas, grapes, kiwi fruit, berries

MAKE SURE YOU DRINK LOTS OF WATER.

fennel seed also helped me.

I am not medically trained so it might be worth talking to your GP about this diet before you try it. My GP said it was good for my condition.

I wish you all the best and know you will be able to solve your problem. Some carbohydrates seem to make this condition worse.

Best regards

robert

• Posted

Hi there

robert62181's lists of foods is a really good place to start. Also, have you considered that if it happens mostly after your main meal in the evening the you are loading it with more food it can handle. Try maybe having two smaller dinners rather than one larger one. I was told that when you have digestive difficultly, meals should be no more that the circumference of your hand when stretched out. And you should aim for 5ish portions of that size a day. Addition, if youre busy all day and not eating much then gasses are building in your body as acid in stomach isnt being used to digest food.. Consqently when you do finally it it produces more gas to digest food. Try regulating this with regular meals/snack with 3-4 hours gap in between each. And a good cup of green tea helps settle digestion after a meal. Finally avoid caffeine as much as you. especially is youre using caffiene and fizzy drinks to fill you up and keep you going throughout the day. Chewing on gum will also cause this effect.

All the best x

• Posted

Hi petekd67

for my bowl growling I take buscapan 10mg so I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night and I don't get the cramping or the noise any where to what I was getting thank god cause like u other people could hear it to and I was very self conches about it but also like the other person said I'm not a doctor either this is just what works for me and every body is so different so it might be wise to even ask your gp to send you on to someone else that deals with just bowl issues. How ever good luck with eveything and I hope u get the help u need soon cheers Nadine 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.