Constant pain under left rib cage?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi every one. I am a 20 year old female who has been experiencing consistent pain under my left rib cage. I would actually classify it as more of a discomfort than a pain. The discomfort has also radiated into my back. I have also been noticing other signs of pancreatic disorders such as itchy skin, fatigue, nausea, weight loss, and pale fatty stools. These symptoms have been occurring for about 6 months now. I had a CT scan about 5 months ago that came back clear but am still having all the symptoms mentioned above. I have been to the doctor too many times, and they just turn me away and say it’s gas issues or anxiety. I am very worried that I have pancreatitis or worse, pancreatic cancer. I have been haunted by the fact that I may have pancreatic cancer for months now. How can I completely rule any pancreatic disorders out? How can I convince my doctor to take me seriously? Does it sound like I have pancreatic disorders/even cancer? Any help is much appreciated, thank you

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hi Kate27245,

Do you see a gastrologist? If not, you need to get a referral. Did they do labs? This would be a better indication of problems with your pancreas. Hope things get better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.