Constant panic

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi everyone. So I've been suffering with anxiety for about 4 years but have never done anything about it I've just tried to get through it myself and have just been getting by. I managed to calm my panic attacks And physical symptoms down a lot over the past couple of years but recently they have come back with vengeance! And I've finally decided to get some help because things are getting so bad. I don't take any medication for it at all because of the way I feel most the time i don't actually think I could go to the doctors and get a prescription because I'm that scared and my physical symptoms are really bad again lately. I'm just wondering if anyone else has been the same boat? How can I seek help from the doctors if I'm to scared to go? I feel as if taking medication is my last option thanks in advance

0 likes, 11 replies

Report / Delete

11 Replies

• Posted

taking medication can be the start to recovery. See as going to the doc's as your best chance of getting better,and dont fear the meds
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

hello

​you do need to see the doc, meds may be the way forward for you, it's a tough journey but worth it in the end, took me since april 2015 to get this far and now i feel so much better, first few weeks were tough but i managed and when i look back i think how did i do it, and i'm glad i did, take care and get help

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

i was so scared to go to my drs app but i needed medication refilled for my muscle disease i broke down basically because of my depeession. i was feeling so bad foggy brain not myself scared she started me on sertraline i believe its helping i still feel out of it a lil and anxious but each day is a battle and medication is supposed to help u as well as drs smile
    Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

If you have dealt with it for 4 years I would think you may be able to handle waiting in the doctors office.  I am not trying to be mean.  I am just trying to give you a different perspective.  I had a friend once tell me if I wanted to do something, but was too scared to try, time would go by either way. That was in  the year 2000.   For me it helped me get off my butt and go to school when I thought I was too old to change careers.  It helped me make doctors appointments and wait the 3 weeks to 2 months to finally see one for things that I thought needed immediate attention.  It helped me cut ties with people that were toxic to me.  Recently, I have been paralyzed with the anxiety of seeing a new doctor.  That mantra got me on the phone to make the call.  Even after all this time.. it still paralyzes me.  And now I am halfway thru the 2 month wait for that appointment.  I take meds for anxiety.  I have no choice.  After ignoring it for the better part of a year, I almost died from taking an overdose of other medications and drinking, hoping to mask it.  My anxiety causes severe pain in my feet.  Very strange, I know.  But every time I get stressed or anxious I have unbearable pain in my feet.  Burning and unexplainable pain.  I went through a dozen different tests because my doctor thought it was nerve damage.  When I overdosed, truthfully, it was because I could not take the pain any longer.  I was literally driving my car with my cruise control because I could not let my feet touch the pedals.  Looking back 2 years I now see where it all came from, but at the time all I knew was that I had this horrible pain and the doctors all were baffled and just seemed to brush me off.  When I was sent to the psych ward after my overdose, a psychiatrist told me that my stress and anxiety were manifesting into the pain in my feet.  Then came the march to find the right medication to help both issues.  I took many different meds over the next several months, but one day I stopped at my brothers house on my way to work, crying my eyes out because my feet were hurting so bad, dreading the drive, dreading work.  My sister in law gave me something to calm me down that she had and BOOM my pain in my feet was GONE.  It wasn't a psychotic, it wasn't for pain.  It was for anxiety.. And it worked.  I told my doctor about it and I've been taking it ever since.  Some days I take the whole daily dose, and other days I don't take any.  It just depends on my level of anxiety and stress.  So through all this I can tell you that your journey may take you places that you didn't know you'd go, but you have to do something, or it will eventually overwhelm you.  I wish you well and I truly hope you find relief.  

w

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Make sure nothing medically is going on such as thyroid or anemia

Report / Delete Reply
  • Posted

Go to the doctor asap, its your first step to recovery or making it better.

I suffer terribly with it on and off and the doctors atually makes me feel that bit safer and puts my mind at ease that there is nothing else wrong with me!

Just go, whats the worst that can happen?? a full blown panic attack?? Well at least you have plenty of medical help around you

Report / Delete Reply

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up