Constant state of panic!!! feeling terrible please help!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have been suffering from OCD for about 14 years.  Health anxiety with symptoms that tend to take over.  For a few months it might be my heart, or my stomach, or my head.  It consumes me every waking minute of my life.  I am in therapy, and I know whats going on, but I can't control it at times.  Lately it's been chronic tension headaches. I feel it in my neck and shoulders.  I read about it, talk about it, research it.  I drive myself crazy and have tremendous anxiety.  I am a stay at home Mom, both my kids are in school.  I started taking Nortriptyline this past Sunday, and I already feel a relief all over my head and neck.  But, in some sick way I still feel nervous and anxious.  If I get the slightest twing, I panic.  Picturing myself bed ridden with a horrible headache.  I am so upset that I can't get a hold of myself.  Please someone give me some advice, this is so depressing.

0 likes, 5 replies

Report / Delete

5 Replies

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up