Constant urination at night with fast heart rate.

Posted , 10 users are following.

Since Dec last l have been woken abruptly with rapid heart rate, then needing to urinate immediately. I have sinus tachycardia and high blood pressure. I am on Losarten 25mg and 12mgs. Also a Betta blocker Bisoprolol 1.25mg. Have only had this particular problem since my dose of Losarten was upped in Nov last year, and am wondering if it's a connection? Anybody suffering the same or with ideas?

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Christine,

I take different drugs to you, namely Ramipril and Amlodopine both prescribed for high blood pressure before I had AF. Therefore I have always thought that it was a possibility that the tablets could be the cause of my arrhythmia. In fact the regular side effects to the medicine are stated as causing palpitations.

Anyway, I have the same trouble as you. My arrhythmia invariably strikes when I am in bed at night and is accompanied by frequent visits to the toilet. So much so that I can lose 2Kilos in weight through urinating.

Having taken this up with my GP and Consultant cardiologists. They seem to think it's not the tablets, however they will freely say they do not know the cause of the arrhythmia.

Like you, I would be interested if anyone has had the medics understand this and give any answers.

• Posted

Hi Reginald,

I have been on Ramipril and Amlodopine too but had to come off them due to side effects. Thank you for your reply though as l feel better knowing other people can understand exactly what l am saying. I see my Dr on Thursday and will be telling her what is happening to me every night and see what her take is on it.

Whatever the reason it's not a nice situation to be in. I never get a good night's rest and neither does my husband. Am sure you are the same.

I will let you know what my Dr comes up with. Best wishes.

• Posted

My symptoms exactly - wake up with arrythmia and then a need to urinate at frequent intervals. Can be a couple of litres in an hour. Settles down when I go back into sinus rhythm after taking flecanide. Doc says it's anxiety but I don't agree. Don't take  any other drugs. Like you would like some answers !

• Posted

Hi my cloud,

Thanks for your reply. I think the Drs put any symptom they don't understand as anxiety based. It covers a whole multitude of problems! I do have some anxiety but l think most people would have anxiety when their heart is going ten to the dozen. Am at Drs on Thursday so will be seeing what she thinks of this. I still feel it's because Dr upped my dose of Lostarten. We shall see. Take care.

• Posted

Hi I get the same symptoms as you, have got type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure, on tabs for both, have had 24hr heart monitor, docs say nothing wrong with my heart, but say I have ectopic beat and nothing they can do about it, it is very worrying as I am writing this my heart is constantly missing a beat.
    • Posted

You take care too and let me know how it goes on Thursday, we're are you based.

• Posted

Thank you for the concern. I will be posting after Thursday when l might have a result. But saying that, if Dr does change my tablets l expect it will be some time before l can say for certain if that is the answer.
    • Posted

Hi Huggyuk2005,

Well l said l would post after Thursday when l had seen my Dr. Unfortunately l had a phone call to say she wasn't in surgery and l needed to make another appointment. So now it's for 5th April! So will have a long wait to discuss my problem with her. Obviously l could see another Dr but l want to stick with the one that's been dealing with me all this time. I don't fancy going through the history of what's going on with me with someone else.

And to answer one of your questions, l am based in the UK, Lancashire to be exact.

Take care.

• Posted

Christine. Thanks for letting us know - and do tell us the outcome of the 5th April discussion (what a long time to wait when you have a problem - NHS not fit for purpose!!)
  • Posted

Hi. I always end up back and forth to the bathroom when in episode and I know another sufferer who is the same. I take no meds, so its not med related. Our theory is its related to the elevated pulse and the body trying to ditch excess fluid.
    • Posted

Perhaps a diuretic would help by getting riid of urine during the day and would help anyone who also has BP.
    • Posted

Hi Derek. I dont have BP issues amazingly. Even during full blown episodes, my BP is spot on. Neither do I suffer with any form of fluid retention issues. My cardiologist is aware of it and not concerned - said its just part of my PAF.
    • Posted

CC -that's really reassuring. Thanks for posting. My symptoms are the same and yes I don't have BP problems or take any tablets but the need to urinate frequenly when having PAF was a real worry and I thought it was just me cos my doc said it was all due to anxiety !

• Posted

Just check your med side effects listings and maybe ask doc about other options - we all react differently to them. I was on Bisop but had to change to Verapamil as I was unable to function, even on the low 1.25mg dose. Took Rivaroxaban thinners for almost two years. Between both, I piled on nearly 2st in weight, where others report losing weight! Off all by now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.