Constant welts and hives.. Lymes disease, allergies or autoimmune disorder?

Posted , 2 users are following.

Over the past 6 years and increasingly over the past 2 I have been getting a series of welts or hives at random times. They start very small and grow very big over 24 hours. They are  warm to the touch, painful, itchy, large in size, lots of swelling, have a visible red center and go away usually after a week. They resemble big bites and sometimes form a bullseye. I'm not outdoors often, but I do have some environmental  allergies. This has affected my skin in multiple different parts of the country where I've lived. I've looked online but can't find any skin disorder that quite fits the bill. Any ideas?

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Your skin could be reacting to something you are consuming. Have you tried eliminating obvious candidates from your diet?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.