constantly bloating feeling

Posted , 7 users are following.

i’ve been feeling bloated for the past week. i don’t necessarily feel full but my stomach just feels tight or swollen internally i can’t really explain it & also i always feel a burning hunger every few hours & i’ve been very fatigued since lately. i’ve been diagnosed with gerd since 2016 lately like 2 weeks ago i’ve been feeling really tired throughout the day (i also have depression/anxiety not sure if that could be a factor) but i’ve been eating more fruits n veggies, drinking ginger tea and avoid trigger foods for a week but haven’t felt better as yet. i don’t have heartburn often, i just started sleeping with my head raised and i don’t wake up with a sour mouth so that’s a plus but the indigestion/has just wont go away. will it take longer to feel better ?? does anyone else have these symptoms???

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Once again you are describing the symptoms of sleep apnea, Fatigue during the day, tend to nod off after driving for an hour or so, tend to yawn all day, the fatigue is worse than normal tiredness.

If you do some work you are OK, but as soon as you stop you get very tired.

The best indicator of Sleep Apnea is daytime sleepiness.

Another common symptom of sleep apnea is mood swings, angry, and clinical depression.

This is what is happening to you (in my opinion):

After you go to sleep the structures in your throat relax and cut off your air path.

Your body starts to panic after some time and part of your brain wakes up to restore the air flow and back to sleep to repeat the process hundreds of times per night.

I my case I stop breathing 30 times per hour with the longest duration 1 minute and 15 seconds.

When you start breathing again the motions assist reflux to go higher and cause more issues.

I have no memory or ever waking up and gasping for air, not even once in my life and yet I do.

Treat you Sleep Apnea (which will take 10 years off your life if you don't) and you reflux issues will become manageable. It won't get rid of it.

You doc probably won't have heard of the association between reflux and SA.

Best thing is to have a sleep study - find out if you have SA - get treatment for it, it serious.

The SA treatment will fix reflux. would be my non-medical guess.

What I use -->

- John

Moderator comment: I have removed the link(s) directing to site(s) unsuitable for inclusion in the forums. If users want this information please use the Private Message service to request the details.

• Posted

The url was just linked to a pic of a SA machine for information purposes.  I do not work for a company selling these machines, but I understand. 
  • Posted

Have you tried going gluten free for a while? I have cut gluten out and don't have any more stomach issues. I also don't do much dairy either. I have been following the Acid Watchers Diet for the healing phase and it's helped a lot with the gerd issues too. I also have my bed elevated too. I never have or had heartburn either. If I eat meat I try and take a digestive before hand. I use Slippery Elm powder dissolved in water too. That coats the stomach. I hope this info helps!

• Posted

Hi it’s just a thought! I have had reflux Issues for three years now just thought I’d got it under control and it’s back due to other medical issues causing stress.

i have always cut out the usual things like caffeine chocolate tomatoes etc etc at the slightest hint of a flare up. This time it was really bad so I’ve had an intolerance test done and it seems I’m intolerant to gluten, wheat, Barley Rye Potato gelletine penicillin etc so I think it’s the Gluten that is causing more of the problem.

Any one have any thoughts ?

Shaexo are you taking any kind of meds? You are right anxiety does make it worse it’s a vicious circle.

hope you can get it under control soon and feel better

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.