Constantly clearing my throat!

Posted , 3 users are following.

This discussion has been locked due to a period of inactivity. Start a new discussion

I’ve had a thrust clearing problem for over 2 years now I’ve had all the tests and they all come back clear and they don’t know what’s wrong with me my acid levels are fine so I dont have reflux which is the common thing to have for this problem I’ve reqyested a second opinion and am waiting to go and see ENT again .I’ve had 12 sessions of hypnotherapy and that hasn’t helped. I’ve recently moved from a damp house to a dry one and no change. It’s driving me mad and I feel like I’m the only person with this problem. I started a month ago taking apple cider vinegar everyday and that doesn’t help, Last thing I can think of doing is acupuncture and I’m going on Wednesday, am I alone with this?

2 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

ACV only helps people that has reflux from low stomach acid. If you have normal or high stomach acid it will not help at all.  All ENT do is check for irritation, which doesn;t mean you do not have reflux. It only means is not silent reflux.   Have you seen a GI?  Have you done an endecopy?
    • Posted

Oh ok I will stop taking it then..what’s a GI? Yes I’ve had an endoscopy and all they going was a Hietus hernia which why they thought I had high acid levels..but ph monometry test said they were normal 
    • Posted

If you had an endescopy means you already saw one (GI=gastroenterologist). These test don't really tell if you have low or high acid, they do tell if you have reflux or no reflux. Based on the test the GI did I had normal acid levels with mild reflux but on the Heidelberg reflux test (paid cash)  I came out with low stomach acid.

So did they give you PPI's? 

• Posted

what about diet, how you eat, when you eat, how long you go without eating. one or all could be contributing 

Join this discussion or start a new one?

New discussion

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

newnav-down newnav-up