Constipated - Cant pass Stool

Posted , 52 users are following.

Ive not suffered from any constipation for years, but all of a sudden a couple of days ago it just came out of nowhere, I have a large stool that wont come out, it feels like its too big and hurts too much when I try to go to the toilet. Does anyone have any tips I can try before going to the doctor? I am making sure to eat plenty of fruit, oranges etc. and also drink lots of water.

2 likes, 51 replies

51 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello Amy, First of all try to add some more fibers to your diet and drink plenty of water. When a person is going with healthy fiber diet, he/she has to drink plenty of water else fiber worsen your constipation.

You may attend with colon massage; it's very helpful in getting rid of constipation. You can google it else you may go through youtube with the term "colon massage" to know the process of this massage.

• Posted

The colon message helped me.Otherwise get a glycerin suppository insert it into your rectum it will give relief in 20 That's what I do.
  • Posted

Dear Amy. It’s much said to hear that you constipated I would suggest you before going to doctor try to consume 30-35 grams of fiber surely it will helpful you for your bowel movements. And If possible go for morning walk or else join in gym physical exercise probably helps you for free bowel movement. You can find some good videos in YouTube for colon message try it before consulting a doctor. I hope it would helpful for you. Good luck. You are in my Pray.
    • Posted

I Get conspatiEd I get a glycerin suppository lay on my left side insert it up my rectum.l lay down And 20-30 minutes I get relief.
  • Posted

Constipation occurs when bowel moments are abnormal or less frequent. The normal length between bowel moments varies from person to person, some people have three times a day and some have only one or two times a day. Three or four days without bowel moment is too long and after three or four days stool become harder and difficult to flush out. Constipation occurs at any age and most likely adults (above 40) have this problem.

To overcome this situation we need to take care of our diet which includes vegetable juices, fibers, low fat food, green leafy vegetables and regular exercises. Drink more water, it can make the stool softer so that it can easily get out of the body.

Treatment depends on situation, if you are suffering from constipation for long time you should consult your doctor we may suggest alternative therapies to cleanse the colon. Some cases diet can help to prevent constipation if the problem in early stage.

• Posted

Amy it is a serious concern to think. Yes surely constipation can be treated well before following a doctor. But first you should have to pass the stools which haven’t been passed. Try laxatives which ease the passing of stools. You have to change the diet and lifestyle patterns from now as suggested by many.
  • Posted

This is a terrible problem. Trust me, I suffered from chronic constipation for most of my life. What saved my life (literally) was this wonderful over-the-counter powder called Mira-lax. I started taking it when it was still a prescription only drug. Now it's widely available. It's flavorless (though it does make water taste kind of funny and thick) and helps you pass a stool by removing extra water from it, therefore shrinking the stool significantly. It also helps you pass it painlessly.

another option is to drink about eight glasses of apple juice, or a cup of coffee with espresso. caffeine is a natural laxative, and apple juice will change the hard stool to diarrhea.

• Posted

Mira-lax or restoralx ( in Canada ) works by drawing water into the bowel there for making soft and easy to pass. It DOES NOT remove excess water from the bowel. If you take the moisture out of the stool it becomes hard and then it hurts to evacuate. If you are going to provide information about medication you need to ensure that you provide the right info. 

This med has been my life saver as well, I am on a med that causes constipation and I use to push so hard to go to the bathroom. That I would burst blood vessels in my eye lids. For some people if you use this med consistently it can actually retrain your bowels and get you in a regular routine you and you might be able to stop taking it. Good luck all.

• Posted

Hi so with this Mira-lax, i already have a hard stool which is still stuck, would the powder help make the stool that is in there softer?
    • Posted

I can't 💩 for days and my 💩 feels like its went up by my belly button since I couldn't push it out. Do you think it would be safe to use a suppository

• Posted

Amy, try to maintain this much of fiber intake levels as I am giving here.

For Males (19-50 years): 38gm/day

For Females (19-50 years): 25gm/day

For Male (51 years and older): 30gm/day

For Females (51 years and older): 21 mg/day

Drink minimum 3liters of water.

Do some regular exercises like jogging, walking, running etc.

Physical movements are helpful in getting rid of constipation.

I hope it helps.

Good Luck.

• Posted

As Zophai said, we need to concentrate while consuming fiber foods because excess of fiber also lead to some severe health issues. So we need to take balanced fiber diet with sufficient amount of water.
  • Posted

I extremely support the above comments and as said earlier try to use the laxatives like Miralax. It is an over the counter stool softener that can help you in the present situation. Also find yourself with the fiber diet and water as said above. Definitely you can hope to solve the issue. Hope the best.
  • Posted

Hi all. My mother is suffering from the same problem. She is 49 years old, taking a lot of fiber in her diet and drinking a lot of water. We are also trying colon massage since yesterday but still the problem persists. Could you please tell me how frequently she should perform colon massage and when will it show its results??

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.