Skip to content
Ad
in this discussion +2 following
worrywart713 worrywart713

Constipation: 1 month

Hello, all.

As my name indicates, I'm quite worried, especially now.

I have recently been experiencing constipation for the last month. It had been a periodic thing for much of my life, but lately it has been more profound. It started Father's Day weekend and has yet to be alleviated with home remedies/treatment. I tend to have stringy stool, when before my stool was sizable. I would poop 2-3 times/day before, but lately I go 5-6 with little to show for it. I tend to feel a need to use the toilet most of the time, but I might just expel a little bit and not be able to push anything else out. There isn't any pain, just a feeling of fullness, pressure, and a need to go all the time. I might have some relief from diarrhea, but it would not be healthy to wish that on myself or try to initiate that, but at least that feels better. It is becoming annoying and worrisome, perhaps compounded with the fact that I read briefly on anal cancer and scared myself. Bad call, but I did it anyways. I am now seeking. PCP to talk with a professional about, so perhaps I will get some answers when I eventually have an appointment.

I really needed time to vent so that I could get my thoughts out of my head and hopefully rest.

Does anyone have any thoughts, considerations, etc.?

1 Replies

• gladys68 gladys68 worrywart713

Have you had any surgeries around the pelvic area. They can cause scar tissue and the scar tissue pulls at the organs and can cause a bowel blockage. That is my problem now.  You can go on amazon and order Mag 07 and read the reviews. This has been a lifesaver. It works like magic with no discomfort.

Report as inappropriate

Thanks for your help!

Already approved

You can't report this, it's already been approved by a moderator.

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.