Constipation. Do you get tummy/gas pains?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi There.

do you guys get gas and pains when you are constipated? Or any general intestinal aggravation...

Please share so i dont feel soo alone with this sad

Thanks in advance..

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi hun, I'm the same in fact ive been suffering really badly the last few days and panicking like I always do. Don't know about you but I'm in menopause and I hate it - I have random pains everywhere and can't go if you know what I mean..... just had 15mls Lactulose Hoping it will help, I have a multitude of symptoms and health anxiety to boot, God it's not easy being a woman is it. You are certainly not alone, I'm right there with you xx
    • Posted

Aww sorry for you too. Yeh past few days horrific for me too. Im having random stomach and intestinal cramps all around my tummy today. Trying not to break down at work to be honest..

but yes its possible im in perimenopause too. Labs were inconclusive but did indicate lack of ovulation plus my mum went through it early at my age too.

Gawd i hear you.. x

• Posted

Oh poor you, yes it's just horrible. I feel for you - mine was so bad earlier I could hardly stand up the pains were so bad, I actually thought I had appendicitis and had to google which side your appendix are on ! The pains were on the other side, then shooting around everywhere, cramps almost like period pains at one point but can't be as ive had a hysterectomy! Ive been like this before and then it goes away - I wonder if it's IBS - almost like a very painful stitch or ripped muscles, hard to explain. Is your pain similar ? Xx😰
    • Posted

That sounds hortible for you sad mine are stabbing left mid abdominal plus random in my back down to my ovaries sad

Im seriously considering a bottke of wine after work.. only thing that helps these days ...

thats interesting cause i feel my pains are in my ovaries too but they are feeting.

is your pains etc exxagerated by stress?

Ive started past few mornings having panick attacks before i even get out of bed

• Posted

Well how odd is that because that's exactly where mine have been, seriously. On the left side then radiating all around, also in lower back , and right this moment it feels like it's both sides like a dull dragging ache . Yes definatly much much worse when I'm more anxious and worried, I have had panic attacks aswell when my health anxiety gets very bad - I really feel for you as its just horrible. My anxiety actually stoos me going to the GP but I did pluck up courage to go a couple of months ago and broke down in surgery, she put me on Sertraline but it made me so much worse so had to stop taking them. I can't tell you how close I am to taking myself off to A and E all the time or calling 111 but stop myself because I know I will panic if I even speak to a doctor, can't win - vicious circle.......yes wine might be a good idea, I must admit ive had a few baileys lately just to help me relax . How are you feeling right now ? Xx
    • Posted

Omg you sound just like me!

I loathe detest and am terrified of going to drs! I want to be sedated too but i know things will get worse on meds!

Im of that mindset too ie maybe il end up in hospital too sad but im fairly confident if i got distracted away from mt toxic thinking id have no pain you know??

DO you find drinking makes the pain stop? Ie is it just anxiety for us?

• Posted

We sound very similar don't we ! Cannot stand going to the doctor - totally freak out at the thought of going to hospital aswell, can't even walk through the doors, and as for the doctors surgery - heart starts thumping hard, face goes tingly and knees go weak and then total panic. Cannot have blood tests as can't face the results and the sheer torture of the wait as Ive already convinced myself I'll have some horrid disease , it's just a nightmare - yes like you want to be sedated, knocked out completly out cold......yes when I have a drink it relaxes me to the point that I couldn't care less to be honest, but I have to have a few and the pain subsides - but then I get a banging headache . Not sure if it's anxiety or IBS ? Don't know anything anymore just sick and tired of it all. Does your pain go when you have a drink ? Xx
    • Posted

Gosh same here. Walk in the doors of a drs sugery and have to suck on multiple rescue remedy gels so i dont pass out in the foyer...

but yes 2-3 drinks and i either forget or the oain subsides and gor the most part no more pain for the rest of the night.. but then the followind day it starts all over again!

Gosh maybe if we were friends in the REAL world we could support one another and do our drs appoints together fir moral support!!!

• Posted

Yes and be a pair of nervous wrecks together ! Isn't is sad though , we shouldn't have to suffer this way it's not fair.......I hope you get some relief soon hun I really I do. Gonna have a baileys and go to bed now as have to get up early......I deliberatley put my electric blanket on at 6pm so that the bed will be nice and hot and might help ease the pain a little and help me sleep a bit.....although I'm usually awake around 3 or 4 with anxiety and panic worrying about what the day will bring. Hope you have a pain free restful night, will message you in the morning and see how you are, you know you're not alone, hugs to you (()) take care xx
    • Posted

No good, led down for all of 2 minutes had to get up, stomach hurts 😰 xx
    • Posted

Oh you too. I use a hottie and same thing. Wake up wee hours of morning and immediately start the panic and tingly feeling all through my body terrified ofvwhat pain i might get that day.

hope you get some sleep x

• Posted

Hello ! How was your night and is your tummy any better ? Was awake till 3am ! X
    • Posted

Morning Lou. 

I had a few drinks last night and the pain went 90% away.

it was good all night and I slept much better. 

I woke up and tried to stay calm but the usual anxiety started to creep in...

i threw my coffee away yesterday so started today with warm lemon and teechino herbal tea.

still anxious about how today will go but so far I'm ok....

how about you? Do You have pain today?

• Posted

Hi lovely - glad you feel better and good idea with the coffee.......I had a bad night awake til 3 then I overslept and didn't wake up til 7. Pain was awful this morning , really really bad driving to work nearly threw up. Had nothing to eat and it wore off by lunchtime, then heavy period type draggy pain in afternoon and now dull ache, so maybe some relief - just had boiled egg and dry wholemeal toast, this is making me think IBS do you think ? How is your pain today and Hiw did it feel ? Like you my anxiety is horrid and im catastrophising everything and nervy xx
    • Posted

Hi. Ive never private messaged before, can you private message me and il email you a bit later as just on way to work x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.