Consult w/ second surgeon tomorrow... Need advice...

Posted , 3 users are following.

Need any input on how to express, explain and beg this second surgeon all  my symptoms tomorrow.  Any input would be appreciated.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Give the surgeon factual information, your symptoms and their duration, and when they happen, how long they've been occurring. Explain that your body is not properly assimilating nutrition because you are unable to eat correctly, and that you are rapidly losing weight, if that's the case.

One thing I've learned is that doctors tend to want facts, even when you're expressing your pain. Don't minimize your pain. State what you think your problem to be, and ask how the doctor proposes to treat you, especially any additional tests that might need to be performed.   

Doctors are not usually interested in your feelings of fear, frustration, or anger at the previous physicians who through incompetence or lack of compassion declined to treat you.

I'm hoping and praying that you will find in this new surgeon, someone who's willing to treat you, and not another arrogant ...

Please know that I'm thinking of you Karen!  Best of luck! 

• Posted

Hi Karen

What Lynda says is right they work on facts not emotion, so although emotionally it's awful for you be factual but firm in your opinion.

Wishing you all the very best

• Posted

Surgeon believes it to be Dyskinesia and possible issues with the Sphincter of Oddi - They are scheduling surgery.  Fingers crossed. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.