Consultant says there's nothing there..

Posted , 2 users are following.

For two years I've had excruciating pain and some bleeding when passing motion and it's getting worse and worse. The GP referred me to the colorectal consultant as could see nothing external. After a long wait i have been today and the consultant put a small camera in and had a quick look and said i have no fissures, i have tiny internal haermhoids but they couldn't be causing pain like that. She was very offhand and unconcerned and when i told her the pain is completely unmanageable now and affecting my work and life, she said ok well you can have a sigmoidoscopy to see if i have missed anything. I'm really confused and worried now. The pain has been getting worse and worse and is absolutely unmanageable for half an hour after bowel movement. Has anyone else had this experience?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

To clarify; I'm a 26 yr old female, fit and healthy, not had these problems before.

• Posted

Hi Jenna , sorry to hear about your situation . it doesnt help when the so called professionals dont take what you say seriously enough . I've had many on-going  issues over the years and been through various procedures , some worked to a degree , while others did nothing . Bleeding is something I have had vast experience of , and in the past went through a stage lasting over a year when I could lose more than a tea-cup full in every visit to the toilet . It was starting to look like a murder scene .

Having had your internal examination , which showed up small haemorrhoids , I would be very inclined to say that you may actually have some form of rectal proplapse . Usually with this , you will feel heavy dull ( not sharp ) pain while going to the toilet , lasting up to a couple of hours after . I suppose you could say its like a bruised feeling . Usually always better after a nights sleep , which lets everything return back to where it is supposed to be . Another side effect is having to clean up more after a bowel movement , Because your insides actually become your outsides , for a short period .

Thats as accurate a description I can think of , for this situation . Sound familiar ?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.