continues estrogen patches

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi iv been on the conti patches estrogen only for around four months now even though my periods hadnt stoped they were very bad id miss periods then id bleed for over six months none stop with clots.

i was on the ones were after two weeks id go onto the estrogen and progesterone  in same patch  but they were making me bleed realy bad to point were it just didnt stop at all.

so gynacologist said with out even looking at my womb to go on norethisterone pills and a coni patch with just estrogen in till i could get a coil fitted. anyways its taken three months to even get fitted in for a coul at gp surgery. so i went on friday and they couldnt do the coil it would go in they said i was to tight so iv now got to see gyno again in september. the thing is iv juts been reading that i shouldnt be on the estrogen only patch when i still have a womb and not finished my periods yet so now im worried. i was taking in the begining three a day of borethisterone till bleeding all stoped then taperd off to one a day. but last monday i started to spot dr gave me more norethisterone and said to take it till iv seen gynacologist 

im scared my womb is building up with the conti patch and im not havi g any breaks to have a period as they never told me to have one but to stay on the norethisterone its all a worry to me.

my dr put me from a 50 patch to now a 75 one as im tierd all time and still dry and getti g alot of sweating. but im so worried im thinking i should have a break ones a month for a period. has any one else done this what im doing and been ok. i dont want to get womb cancer my womb was already thicken when i saw a gyno lfew years ago he said it was 15 mm and i had cysts. im going to tell gynacologist im real worried about how im taking things and want my womb checked out feel so stressed that im doing wrong thing.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.