Continuous bleeding from intracavity fibroid

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi,

I'm 33 and have a fibroid inside my womb, due for an op in three months after starting zoladex in two weeks. I started my period two weeks ago and it hasn't stopped, ive Now become anaemic and on iron and something to try to stop the bleeding but I'm getting married next weekend!! Has anyone else experienced prolonged heavy bleeding?

1 like, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi hon, I had the same thing as you. I'm 35, was put on Zoladex for a fibroid, but was still bleeding when I started it. The doc gave me tranexamic acid tablets and the bleeding stopped in a couple of days. Everyone is a little different, but that worked for me. (Also I was assured it wouldn't affect the Zoladex). 

Good luck for getting it sorted before you go down the aisle! xox Rosie

• Posted

Thank you Rosie - did you have yours operated on? i too have been put on tranexamic acid - I thought it was wprking but bleeding just come back with a vengence - i am due to start norethesterone on saturday so just hoping that it all settles as can't fathom walking down the isle like this sad

• Posted

Hello I was heavy bleeding in March not sure if from fibroid or something else but Dr have me norethesterone which stopped the bleeding within a few days.what tablets have you been given ? Good luck xxx
    • Posted

Thank you Michelle - I have been taking tranexamic acid since monday, it seemed to subside but bleeding came back badly this evening. but I'm due to start norethesterone  on saturday so just hoping it stops, it's draining me sad 

• Posted

Are you really heavy again ? I would start the norethesterone why Saturday can you ask if you can start earlier as it stopped my bleeding within two days from heavy flooding to light and bearable.i have a intra mural fibroid 2.5 cm so not sure if mine was the cause too but an Mri picked up a small endometrial clot and I advent a clue what that is maybe a small

Blood clot.i hope it slows down very soon xxx

• Posted

Without being to graphic, I started craping again a couple of hours ago and then yes heavy again and horrible clots. I think they said saturday because of the tranexamic acid as not to take together. i'm due to finish that on friday. I just hope that It's not heavy on my wedding day, i;ve got just over a week to try to sort it out. are they removing yours? xxx

• Posted

No as very small 2.5cm and sure my bleeding was coming from this clot.and having no problems now.let me know how you are tomorrow if you're still bleeding maybe ring up and ask if you can stop tranemaxic and start norethesterone? Did they say you cannot take together I didn't know that.i took tranexamoc every month with my horrendous periods only helped slightly but after a heavy bleed in March was put on norethesterone I take 3 weeks one week off but the week I'm off I flood again xxx

• Posted

Thank you - I'm not sure, yes I'll ring tomrrow if it continues,  I just really need it to stop, I'll definately start the norethesterone earlier if I can as desperate for it to stop - I'm not sure what he said, maybe I an take them togetehr - I feel like my iron levels aren't having a chance to increase - just need to try to remin relaxed! xx

• Posted

If he told you stop tranexamic Friday and start norethesterone Saturday do that but I would ring and say you're still bleeding and what do you suggest ? Let me know how you get on xxx

• Posted

Probably most of us with fibroids have experienced heavy and prolonged bleeding. I have even bleed over a month long. First of all I was told from a hemotoligist that when you are low on iron you tend to bleed more. So make sure you are taking enough supplements. I was taking 56 mg a day. For me I started with taking 8,000 IU of vitamin D a day. Next I stopped drinking beer. Beer raises your estrogen. I switched from coffee to one cup of green tea a day. Also, I take 2,000 mg of fish oil a day. It has been 3 weeks since I have bleed. I take fish oil because it is an anti inflammatory. I am hoping to shrink the fibroids. I am 48 and am hoping that I will go in to menopause soon. I am back to exercising. I have no pain, constipation, or problems urinating. I hope this helps. Best wishes on your wedding.
    • Posted

Thank you - I will try all those things, just hope it settles before the wedding 
  • Posted

hi

Yes I have experienced long periods for the last year. The worst of them lasted 15 days. 

I was flying out to Cuba and just 1 day before leaving I starting the most intense bleeding ..(up to that point) and went to the hospital. They put me on tranexamic acid pills. It took about 3 days for the effects to help. They did work though. My trip went fine. hope this helps..

• Posted

Hi Lydia, 

Sorry to hear you've expreinced this too - it's been pretty difficult but am now on norethesterone too and everything seems to be at bay. will you be having your fibroid removed? 

• Posted

Hi 

I had UFE 2 mts ago. I don,t want to give a horror story.....Let,s just say it has not been a positive experience. I would not do it again.

• Posted

I have been considering this procedure but the doctors around here are very inexperienced . Please share!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.