Continuous burning in stomach

Posted , 5 users are following.

Dear Friends, Hope you all are fine, I am imran and my age is 33. My gall bladder was removed 4 years ago and since that time i often have problem related to digestion. These days i am feeling a kind of burning in my stomach which normally stars after 10 Am and last till i sleep. I do not feel any kid of acid reflux, neither i feel vomit. I just feel burning and it get worse after taking Belch. When ever i take belch, burning gets very high for few moments. I also feel that i am feeling difficuly in breathing. Can someone has experienced this? is it due to gall removal? What can i do to remove this burning feeling? Thanks in advance

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, your symptoms are acid reflux, which means you have excess stomach acid.  I don't know whether it's because of your gallbladder removal. But the excess acid can hurt your stomach, so I would suggest you see a doctor.  Good luck! 
    • Posted

so you think its acid reflux. ok i will see a dr. thanks
  • Posted

Hi, I had my GB removed 6 months ago and have suffered the same. I have just been diagonosed with gastritis whihc gives the same symptoms as you describe. You need to see your doctor and they will prescribe acid reducing tablets if it proves to be gastritis. Also watch what you eat,. Anything citrus is bad news for me and this includeds tomatos, coffee etc etc. see if this helps

• Posted

Thanks for your reply jane. So what kind of medicines you are taking now? And what about dependency on these medicines? do we have to take them on continuois bases?
    • Posted

Im on omeprazole and im hoping that once the gastritis clears up I can get off them although at the moment I need them.The drs say you just take them for a short time but I knoe they arent always easy to get off of.  I had to stop them for two weeks before my gastroscopy and boy did I feel ill. It has taken me two weeks to begin to feel a bit better. The gastritis is being very slow in healing but I am finding foods play a big part. If I have cabbage it causes a lot reflux and burning in my stomach so its very much trial and error. The dr suggested the fodmap diet so i am trying that although not ridgidly at moment.  I wish you well
  • Posted

I to have this problem plus just plain old nausea. I've been sick for the last two days with this. I'm at my wits end & don't know what to do about it. I was in a car wreck six weeks ago & just got the boot off of my ankle. I am now in the process of getting a new car so I can go to the doctors & see if they can tell me anything. I deal with VA which isn't the greatest. May we all be healed of this dibilitating sickness. I'm getting ready to take communion which I haven't done since the car wreck. I had a few broken bones & believe they are on the mend. Thank God & the blood of Jesus. I know you've heard it before just like I have but hang in there.
    • Posted

Thank you imranch. And the same to you. He is the only one who can through our faith in him & his promises.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.