Continuous Headache

Posted , 2 users are following.

I've had a non stop headache for 6 months.  It never goes away but it ranges in intensity throughout the day.  As soon as I open my eyes my head is pounding. It usually sits above my brows and around my temples. Too much sun light can make it worse sometimes.    I also used to have (less frequent now) a lot of rolling beads of light mostly in my right eye.  Every scan and test I've taken has come back normal.  I've been on all of the Migraine medicines and different types of muscle relaxers.  Although not frequently, I've had pain in the back of my head and sharp pain coming down my neck. 

I haven't worked since February.  Talking longer than 15-20 minutes makes my headaches worse.  I'm a special education math teacher. It's impossible to teach math and not talk. 

Has anyone ever experienced this and had a remedy or reason? 

2 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have never heard of anything like this ,but seeing like what you said were balls of light has been explained to me as a ocular Migraine They are short and more aggravating than painful.Have they check blood pressure, blood flow through the valves in your brain or your Ocular pressure  for glaucoma ? I truly hope and pray that you find an answer soon.

• Posted

I've had many tests including eye pressure test and  glaucoma  test.  I've had Mri's and an eeg.  I'm not sure which test checks blood flow through the valves  of my brain but I will inquire. Thanks . 

• Posted

I had a episode one time ,I was getting in my truck ,My wife was already in the passenger seat when i felt very dizzy,grabbed the steering wheel because my legs gave out . I had to drag myself up into the seat and lay there for awhile. I thought i was going to pass out. The side of my face went Numb and i got a very sharp pain in the top of my head. They thought i had a stroke but after about two or three hours it all cleared up. I spent the night in the hospital. the doctors called it a complicated Migraine. They did find that i had a main artery in my Brain that was smaller than it should be and would not carry the blood flow amount that it should. I will have a stroke at some point in my life. all they can do is tell me to take aspirin to thin my blood. This is what i Ment by checking the blood flow. It is a MRI with contrast , a special dye that is run threw the arteries to see if they are alright . Normal.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.