Convinced i have genital herpes

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi i got a sore a few months ago and I keep continually getting red spots on penis shaft, i am convinced it's herpes because they keep recurring especially when i dont get much sleep or when i feel run down. The one in the pic is the most spots i have had, i normally get 2 or 3 red spots. These spots are painless and only last a few hours, the ones in the pic lasted 2 hours, had gradually faded and went away after washing with water. Recently i have been feeling tiny burning sensations from the spots, they are not painful. The one sore in the pic healed after 3 days, it had a slight stinging sensation to it, if you zoom in it has a clear bump to it similar to a zit, i did get it swabbed and it came back negative but the sore had healed quite a bit so the swab test didnt detect any kind of infection, which is what i believe. 7 months ago i had unprotected b*****b, 3 days later i had achey legs and sore neck and painless red spots under head of penis which faded away after 2 hours. Eversince that sexual encounter i have been having these problems with my penis, i never had these problems before. I feel like ending my life, i have been unemployed for several months now because of my anxiety, i am still a virgin and feel like theirs no point or purpose in my life, no hope and i have no drive or ambition to continue to live. I feel like my life is over, i told my brother and he made fun of me laughing and pointing at my penis saying herpes

imageimage

0 likes, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

have you gone to go get blood tested??

• Posted

No what am i looking for in the blood test? If it says i have hsv2 it means im infected right? What if it says hsv1? As far as i know i cant remember getting any cold sores throughout my whole life.

• Posted

yea when you get tested it'll show that your infected. you can get both 1 or 2 in your genitals. honestly idk but you should try and go to the doctors to get blood tested. if your last sexual encounter was 7 months ago, it should be in your system by now.

• Posted

well just wait for the results and it feels like that but eventually you'll feel okay again

• Posted

I got the results today. Negative for both hsv1 and hsv2 igg. Havent recieved official blood test paper work with the index values so i have no info about what the numbers/values are. The doctor said low sensitivity with absense of antibodies. Do you think i am all in the clear now? Should i stop worrying now and put this behind me?

• Posted

Well it has been 7 month and you don't have antibodies. So thats all good. Did your symptoms go away? Did you figure out what was going on with you?

• Posted

Once i stopped looking and thinking about it the symptoms have seem to dissapear. I had one red spot today, i dont think its herpes, just skin inflammation or a rash from sweat, soap or too much washing thank you

• Posted

hello!

QUESTION for everyone that has

. how long does the "blister" (bump) normally last until it burst or gains fluid?

Did you notice sores at first or did it appear as bump(s)? can u remember the first time u noticed a bump and how long the first bump lasted until fluid filled the "bump"?

are there any characteristics that u can think of when u see a blister?

i have a bump for like 3 weeks now. doesnt look like it changed, if i look very closely i see a little white dot in the middle. doc says its nothing, to worry about...

sexual encounters: none for quite some time

• Posted

The bump in the pic healed after 2 days. If you zoom in it also has a white dot in the middle just like how you described yours.

• Posted

well my labia tingled a couple of days and one day I went to the bathroom because I was itching and had a little pain just on my labia. I looked down and had 3 blisters... my first year was the hardest because my body was getting use to the infection.. My doctor gave me medication and cream and now I barely have them..You should talk to your doctor about medication theapy if you do have it. Blood test and swabs dont lie. This is your health take charge tell your doctor you want the test. Doctors d ont like doing it because it's not curable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.