coping with pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi i have been coping with pain for a long time on morphine now the thing is a few days ago i was taking my slippers off and put my feet on the ground i jumped cos of the worse pain in my big toe ive ever had also my hands r playing up sad

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi hotpicks, I'm so sorry you have such a bad time with pain, I really do sympathise, I have pain issues too and I can understand how exhausting and difficult it can be to deal with.  The pain in your toe may be related to the other existing conditions but may also be something called Mortons Neuroma.  I developed this as a result of having severe damage and resulting arthritis to the other ankle.  IE the non damaged foot developed it because it was taking the load due to my affected gait.  It's a nerve issue.  Remedies include steroid injections and/or surgery.  It's only a thought as it may not be this and may be just further pain relating to existing problems.  My hands are very painful due to arthritis in the thumb joints - apparently this is quite common in women of my age, due to reduction in hormone levels.  It really sucks being old and in pain, I get so frustrated with it but my doctor has told me the fibro is stress induced so I need to try to not get stressed at the restrictions/pain - easier said than done however.  I hope you find some relief.
    • Posted

Thank you for your reply its very depressing to have pain from morning til nite i will ask my doctor about what u thought it might be im waiting for results back on my fingers and hands wearing supports for them in the nites cheersx
  • Posted

Hi Hotpicks

I feel for you ! Living with pain is NO fun !!! People around you that don't understand your pain can also make you feel worse.  Hang in there.....Taking it a day at a time and staying calm and positive will help you.  Always try to make time for yourself. Treat yourself every now and then !! Now, hopefully the weather is warming up, we can enjoy the outside and get fresh air.

You will find on this forum that you are not alone.  So do share your pains with us!!

Gentle hugs to you biggrin

• Posted

Thank you for your reply i really appreciate it its nice to know i can talk on here about my pain cos i do have a lotof bad days xxxx
    • Posted

Poor you HOTpicks, really feeling for you, pain is sooo trying and to say not to stress when your in sooo much discomfort is often impossible..yet it's sooo good not to, I have no real answers for you as I've not experienced this except having a knee op 3 years ago..and my gait was definitely effected..I favoured one foot..grr...do hope and pray things get better for you really soon ..the depression you feel is quite understandable...make sure you are surrounded by loving and caring and believing people who can support you..I just wanted to offer you some encouragement and empathy,.,chin up and all that HOTpicks...you have many on this forum who really do understand. have a lovely weekend, be blessed..:-) xxxx
    • Posted

Thank you itslovely to know there r people out there that understand the long term effects pain has on anyone appreciate it smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.