Coronavirus anyone??

Posted , 6 users are following.

Has anyone on here had the virus yet? if so what was it like? what symptoms? the media tells us such horror stories but i also know most cases are "mild"! also if you know anyone with it and what are their symptoms?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

I haven't had it myself thank goodness, but a friend of my 73-year-old mom has. This woman is in her 50s I think and works in an elementary school. Both her husband and son have had it. From what I heard, her husband's symptoms were pretty mild respiratory symptoms. Her son's were a bit more severe. I think he may have underlying health conditions (not sure exactly what), but he's a policeman in his twenties. She said that he was prescribed two different inhalers and had a chest x-ray. I was quite concerned to hear this, but she says her husband is now over it and back to work, and her son is doing much better. She herself caught it, but so far has very mild symptoms - just a loss of taste and smell.

My uncle might have it - I'm not completely sure. He was complaining of flu-like symptoms (diarrhea, feeling tired, and he said he has a fever but he never actually took his temperature, so not sure about that) and finally decided to go to the hospital. He's 67 and has a lot of underlying health conditions (anemia, diabetes, heart disease, gout) so I am very concerned about him. It's hard to get in contact with him, though, so I'm hoping to get an update on him soon.

• Posted

my friend is a staff nurse at the hospital and she said the main serious ones is persistent cough with a high temp but it depends some people have mild common cold like symtoms and loss of smell and taste for some reason

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.