Coughing

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone had an issue with coughing after eating. I've also been unable to talk after. It's like I lose my breath and have to urge to cough. Only happens after eating

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I do too. I do cough other times as well, but eating seems to always trigger a fit. Try figuring out what kind of food triggers the coughing, In my case spicy food and anything with ketchup is sure to make the coughing worse. I take apo-Lanzoprazole for my reflux, and I find it actually helps with the coughing and other GERD related symptoms. Hope this helps. 
    • Posted

I take dexilant, I've been taking it for a while now. As of recently I can'tell talk to people after I eat. It's a feeling of someone taking my breath away. Hard to explain. Thanks for responding

• Posted

It might not necessary be related to your GERD. Allergies and asthma can also worsen the coughing, even cause it. Maybe you should see your doctor and discuss this with him. Lately I have a constant scratchy (at times felling a bit raw) throat, I'm going to see the ENT in December just to make sure that there isn't anything else exasperating the cough. 

Best of luck my friend. Keep us updated on your progress. 

• Posted

U might be right. I had an endoscopy and It came out ok. The Dr. Said it's allergies.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.